Hi I have a CVO Springer 2008 with work done as follows:
    • SE stage iv kit
    • 58mm throttle body (currently getting upgraded from stock)*
    • SE heavy breather kit
    • Oil cooler
    • Flat top pistons
    • SERT
    • VANCE & HINE Bigshot staggered

The Dyno is show 113 HP and 112 tq with the stock throttle body.

I would like more performance and thinking of replacing the V&H wtih supertrapp but need to know what would be the best option:
    1. Supermeg
    2. FATshots
      3. Or other??

Can you please advise if I will get more performance over the V&H and why would I go for a one over the other?

Thank you.

Comparison wise, based on past testing our staggered Mean Mothers will make more power than the V&H Big Shot staggered. We tested these pipes on a 107 back when we redesigned the Mean Mothers. Our pipes made 2-3 more HP and about 2 more Ft/Lbs of torque. The V&H pipes are NOT true staggered pipe, equal length pipes, ours are.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by CVOSPRINGER2008 View Post
    Hi I have a CVO Springer 2008 with work done as follows:
    • SE stage iv kit
    • 58mm throttle body (currently getting upgraded from stock)*
    • SE heavy breather kit
    • Oil cooler
    • Flat top pistons
    • SERT
    • VANCE & HINE Bigshot staggered

The Dyno is show 113 HP and 112 tq with the stock throttle body.

I would like more performance and thinking of replacing the V&H wtih supertrapp but need to know what would be the best option:
    1. Supermeg
    2. FATshots
      3. Or other??

Can you please advise if I will get more performance over the V&H and why would I go for a one over the other?

Thank you.
    In addition to Jeff's reply the other pipe I'd recommend is the FatShots system. The 2" primary pipes and dual 4" mufflers should work well with the 110 and all the work you’ve done. Plus, they should be a lot quieter than drag pipes.

Also, the 2:1 SuperMeg is an excellent performer on a stock or mildly modified machine. You may realize some low end torque advantage with the 2:1; however overall performance, taking full advantage of your build would most likely be realized with the other options.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

CVOSPRINGER2008 Guest

Ok, so if Im understanding correctly, the recommendation would be the Fatshots then mean mothers and finally the supermeg but all would out perform the V&H?

My bike currently performs great over 3500rpm, its sluggish down low hence the upgrade to the 58mm TB. We are hoping this helps down low. On the dyno the dip in performance was shown down low also.

1. Knowing this info do you still think the max performance gain would be with the fat shots?

2. If I go with the fat shots can the CHROME UPSWEPT FATSHOTS 2:2 SYSTEM part number 828-71420 shown in your catalog work on a softail?

Thanks.

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CVOSPRINGER2008 View Post
    Ok, so if Im understanding correctly, the recommendation would be the Fatshots then mean mothers and finally the supermeg but all would out perform the V&H?

My bike currently performs great over 3500rpm, its sluggish down low hence the upgrade to the 58mm TB. We are hoping this helps down low. On the dyno the dip in performance was shown down low also.

1. Knowing this info do you still think the max performance gain would be with the fat shots? Yes; however we would recommend one upgrade at a time, ie, the pipe or throttle body. It would set a baseline for additional upgrade(s) and one may even resolve your low end issue with out the other.

2. If I go with the fat shots can the CHROME UPSWEPT FATSHOTS 2:2 SYSTEM part number 828-71420 shown in your catalog work on a softail? They will bolt up to the ports; however the pipes were designed for a RSD with a 330 tire and you would need to fabricate your own mounting bracket. Another consideration would be the bend of the pipe kicks out farther to accomodate the RSD/wide tire and would look "odd" on a non-wide tire application.

Thanks.

CVOSPRINGER2008 Guest

Ok I'm getting the picture. Fat shots are best for over all performance ie low and high rpm?!

I have seen the fatshots on a streetbob (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHGgOyMiQdo) in one of the youtube videos and the pipes look good, will they look like this on a softail or more like photo in your catalog?

I called our local distributer in Australia and they dont have the fat shots in stock. But I need to get pipes quickly.

Can you recommend a good online site that sells your products?
    Last edited by CVOSPRINGER2008; 10-29-2009 at 07:53 AM.

bschultz Guest

The exhaust in the video seems to be a "Custom" application. We do not offer the FatShots for the Dyna models. The bend of the headpipes do not match either of our FatShot models. I believe the builder used a couple of our S/C Universals with his own headpipes.

Good sources for our product in Australia is;

www.serco.com.au

and

showandgo@showandgo.com.au

CVOSPRINGER2008 Guest

Can you provide me the model number for fatshots for my CVO Springer 2008?

Do they come as full systems or are they slip ons?

bschultz Guest

V-Twin FatShots 2:2 system FAT SHOTS SYS.,HD FXST/FLST '84-09,w/O2
    P/N 828-71660