Thread: supertrapp on a diesel?

bigbroncojeff Guest

Talking supertrapp on a diesel?

bought a ford 7.3 NA diesel last week that the previous owner had removed the muffler and just made the exhaust of straight pipe and routed it out of the side before the rear tire... it's way too loud even when i get on it a little... i've always been interested in super trapps and have seen em on a few offroad trucks over the years and have been thinking about trying one on my bronco... i have been searching on the internet and have yet to find any info on one being used on a diesel... i have 3.5 inch tubing and it has a 12" long 4 inch tip... am i barking up the wrong tree and should just go find a "regular" muffler or would this be an appropriate application... don't need it to go back to stock noise level... but definately want to bring the noise level below the obnocious level... have looked at both the disc only tips and the longer muffler ones as well... anyone have any input on this?? it would be greatly appreciated

bschultz Guest

Generally speaking the disc technology does not lend itself readily to diesel applications due to exhaust residue buildup. It's not that they won't work, we just don't recommend them due to the frequency of maintenance/cleaning you may encounter.

bigbroncojeff Guest

Hadn't thought of that. thank you