Thread: Supermeg on Dyna Fatbob

DeuceBG Guest

Default Supermeg on Dyna Fatbob

Hi

I have a 2009 FXDF with SERT fueler, SE Heavy Breather intake and a new Supermeg 2 into 1 which I have fitted once and then removed due to vibration at about 80 mph.

Firstly,

How many discs would you suggest with the open end cap to maximise low to mid-range torque?

Secondly

What would you suggest is the cause of the vibration?

I was previously running V&H Shortshots with std baffles so the SERT setting is is as per that set-up.

Many thanks
    Deuce

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceBG View Post
    Hi

I have a 2009 FXDF with SERT fueler, SE Heavy Breather intake and a new Supermeg 2 into 1 which I have fitted once and then removed due to vibration at about 80 mph.

Firstly,

How many discs would you suggest with the open end cap to maximise low to mid-range torque? 6-8 discs

Secondly

What would you suggest is the cause of the vibration? How many discs and what end cap? Is the vibration apparent only with the 2:1 installed?

I was previously running V&H Shortshots with std baffles so the SERT setting is is as per that set-up.

Many thanks
    Deuce

DeuceBG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    Hi, thanks for your prompt reply.

I fitted 16 discs and an open cap, thinking along the lines of "More discs = more sound and more torque".

The vibration is only with the 2 into 1.
    The ride is as smooth as silk across the range with the Shorties on.
    As smooth as an "A" series HD motor gets at least.

DeuceBG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    So, any ideas regarding the vibration?
    All help very gratefully received.

Deuce

bschultz Guest

The tune (SERT fuel map) for straight thru dual drag pipes is most likely not compatible with the characteristics and flow of the 2:1. So a retune is in order with fewer discs.
    More discs = more flow, more sound and potentially more high end HP
    Less discs = less flow, less sound and potentially more low end torque

Another consideration if the vibration persists; are you using the front "P" clamp mount position? Some of the newer OEM pipes eliminated the front mount point.

NYTPYR8 Guest

Default Fatbob SuperMeg installs

I have a 09 FatBob which sounds much the same config as yours and was running VH Big Radius. Only thing big there was the dead spot between 4200 & 4500rpm.
    I put on the SuperMeg 2:1 installed all the discs 24 I believe as well as the cap. went from 87/79 to 93/80 and no dead spots. awesome performance with no vibration, other than HD. Pure acceleration and power especially in the 3500 - 4200 range.
    I am in Denver too. NO H2O or AIR!!!
    Last edited by NYTPYR8; 01-26-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: clarificatron