Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3" Internal Discs vs 4" Fat Shots for FLH

bschultz Guest

Leave the fuel management alone and start with 10 discs. Have an additional 6 pack of discs available to add (2 at a time) if needed.

baggermanmcp Guest

Default how do I know when I'm at the right point

So adding discs 2 at a time how do I know when I'm at the right point or will I know when the popping stops on decel?

Thanks for this great tech support - By the way I love the way these fat shots look - non-traditional!

bschultz Guest

The touring models popped on decel out of the factory; however it's not very noticeable due to the quiet OEM mufflers. On an "open loop" FI or carburated model, reomoving disc may richen the A/F ratio and in turn reduce decel popping. Fuel management is a better tool for clearing up decel popping on a "closed loop" FI model.

baggermanmcp Guest

Default adding discs and balancing

Should I expect to add the same number of discs to both sides with the stock header pipe on this 2007-103" w/255 cams w/HD-SERT big air box or will I need to do some kind of balancing act? I purchased a 6-pack of xtra 4" discs so I'm ready to go.

bschultz Guest

Putting the same amount on the left won't hurt; however a 2:1 ratio (twice as many on the right) is a good rule of thumb.

2. Can you get the fat Shots with a BLACK closed end cap?

Careful with the black endcaps. I ordered 2 for my fatshots and after awhile, the black started to come off of them, so I had to take them off.

Just my .02
    Howard
    USAF (Ret.)
    Ironbutt #26949
    2003 HD Road King

king of the road Guest

Default what is considered modified

I got a 06' Road King only got hi flow filter and screamin eagle 2 pipes. I want about the same sound maybe better performance. I was considering the Fatshots, but not really sure if gonna any big mods in future.

bschultz Guest

You most likely will not gain performance with your present set up; however may benefit with additional mods.

king of the road Guest

Default any suggestions

what type of mods can I still do within a small budget. Which pipe would you suggest with my current set up S/E supertrapp, kerker, or fatshots

bschultz Guest

I think you are fine with what you have. You may be able to squeeze a littlle more out out of her with a good fuel management system. Going inside the motor would follow, cam, headwork etc.