Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3" Internal Discs vs 4" Fat Shots for FLH

fgizzo Guest

I have decided against the fatshotz and have ordered a set of fatshots with the closed end cap. On a 2004 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide with a 103" engine with Vance and Hines Dresser Dual headpipes and high flow AC, so how many discs do you think would be good to start with.

Also I will be looking to find a comparable power commander map for these mufflers. Any suggestion on what to compare these mufflers to for map selection.

Thanks

bschultz Guest

You should be able to start tuning with 8-10 disc; however you may want to purchase an extra pack of discs, depending on how aggressive you want to get.
    Like wise the following maps should work well, depending on the aggressiveness;
    M807-240, 237, 228, 194

fgizzo Guest

Default 103" Map

Thats interesting - I am running the M807-240 map with my Klock Werks WFB Mufflers. Great map - bike runs amazing - my gas mileage has dropped to around 30mpg from 37mpg. I am a little concerned that I am running too rich.

Will adding more disks increase sound or decrease sound.

I have read in this forum that subtracting disks makes the engine run richer which confuses me since I thought only a fuel management system can accomplishe that.

bschultz Guest

Adding discs will increase exhaust flow and sound.

Removing discs restricts exhaust flow and increases back pressure. This can richen the A/F ratio in a carbureted or "open loop" FI system. Changes in exhaust/intake flow are monitored in a "closed loop" FI system and adjustments made to meet the A/F parameters of the ECM settings.

fgizzo Guest

Default fatshots for sale

Well,

I have decided to stick with my Klock Werks so this is probably not the correct place to post this but I am selling a set of Supertrapp Fatshots for 95+ with less than 5 miles on them. You can email me at fgizzo2@comcast.net if you are interested. $275 plus shipping

Your right, this isn't the place to post that-wow.

baggermanmcp Guest

Default Fatshots w/discs or SE's with sound

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    Adding discs will increase exhaust flow and sound.

Removing discs restricts exhaust flow and increases back pressure. This can richen the A/F ratio in a carbureted or "open loop" FI system. Changes in exhaust/intake flow are monitored in a "closed loop" FI system and adjustments made to meet the A/F parameters of the ECM settings.
    So, BS - with my 2007 103" w/255 cams shall I run with the fatshots and adjust with more discs for sound or SE's and limit the performance I might otherwise maximize with the fatshots?

BS is enjoying his holiday. Yes the Fatshots would be the better performance choice.

baggermanmcp Guest

Default 4" Fat Shots for FLH

Can you tell me where I should start with regard to how many discs to run. On a 2007 FLHTCU I'm running a 103 stage II with the 255 cams like those in the CVO SE Ultras. I'm currently getting 101 foot pounds of torque but don't recall the hp number. This bike is relatively new to me. The SE CVO mufflers are oh, so quiet and the Bassani's before that were both very loud and popped at let off no matter how rich we ran it.

My previous experience with Kerkers 128-78020 ran very well on my 95" 2002 FLH and with some extra fiberglass quieted a bit more so I'm gonna give these Fat Shots a go.

Any additional comments on searching for that right combination of torque and exhaust note would be much appreciated.

Thanks - baggermanmcp

baggermanmcp Guest

Default fat shots and fuel mapping

So when someone answers the tuning question, if I start with lets say 10 discs, what about fuel management. I forgot to state that I have a SE Race Tuner on this 103 with 255 cams. It's currently mapped pretty rich; any thoughts here? thanks