Thread: slipon mufflers

happyman Guest

Default slipon mufflers

Have the 2010 Ultra limited . as your aware its a 103". Will be using stock head pipe design minus the CAT.Want a muffler that don't have the mesh piece in one muffler,just the baffles. not sure if SE has those or if i need to go to the supertrapp mufflers, or kerker?
    Will be doing a free flowing aircleaner, and a TTS Mastertune. May slip in a differant cam but not what is considered a performance cam. something like maybe a 204 SE. may just run it with the stock cam also..

Thanks

bschultz Guest

The core constuction of ALL the pipes referenced utilize perf tube. Left and right mufflers are constucted the same. The Screaming Eagle "FatShotz" and SuperTrapp "FatShots" are equipped with the disc assemblies at the end of the pipe.

happyman Guest

so the kerker,supertrapp/Se mufflers all have a mesh screen at the muffler exit, where the end cap fastens on?????? or does the kerker muffler not have this mesh piece at the exit of the muffler.. want to tune the bike and with the mesh piece in place the afr tube we run up into the header won't go ito the exhaust from what i see.
    Thanks

bschultz Guest

On our 2010 model mufflers there are NO obstuctions. An afr tube up the muffler with a stock 2010 headpipe will result in a diluted reading of the front and rear cylinder due to it's 2:1 constuction. A better source of gas readings would be directly off the O2 sensors.

happyman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    On our 2010 model mufflers there are NO obstuctions. An afr tube up the muffler with a stock 2010 headpipe will result in a diluted reading of the front and rear cylinder due to it's 2:1 constuction. A better source of gas readings would be directly off the O2 sensors.
    was reading an article by Joe Minton, who has done a lot of R&D on the Harleys. He writes the Kerker mufflers make the best hp &tq. But we need the short baffle? not sure what the short baffle is. Seems he said its in the touring mufflers but not sure. said there is a fiberglass packing that comes in this muffler or it should be installed. am wondering if this is the mikuni "pat" baffle? regardless what is the muffler that flows the best weather its the Kerker,or Supertrapp/SE mufflers . also do they have the fiberglass wrap on them or do we need to purchase that separately?
    Thanks

bschultz Guest

Joe Minton designed the Kerker "Mikuni" baffle, it is half the length of the muffler body, it comes wrapped with packing, and it is the freest flowing slip-on application we offer and is VERY loud. I caution anyone on the use of these baffles and recommend seeking out a "professional tuner" who has experience with them.

happyman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    Joe Minton designed the Kerker "Mikuni" baffle, it is half the length of the muffler body, it comes wrapped with packing, and it is the freest flowing slip-on application we offer and is VERY loud. I caution anyone on the use of these baffles and recommend seeking out a "professional tuner" who has experience with them.
    what the would be a good alternative that flows very well that may not be so loud. would like to have 4" mufflers. not a real issue as i don't plan on doing real high hp & tq build on my 2010 Ultra Limited. but do want all i can get without the huge noise.
    thanks again

bschultz Guest

The SuperTrapp SE's & Kerkers are 3.5", the Megaphone and FatShots are 4".