Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3" Internal Discs vs 4" Fat Shots for FLH

warwick Guest

Smile 3" Internal Discs vs 4" Fat Shots for FLH

Hi. I´m new to this forum.

1) What are the differences in terms of torque/hp and sound level adjustability of the Fat Shots compared with the 3" 2+2 Internal Disc mufflers?

2. Can you get the fat Shots with a BLACK closed end cap?

3. Since there is no end cap covering the discs, I wonder if there is a potential sooting problem?

4. Since discs and screws are exposed to rain and dirt, is there any corrosion problem?

Thanks for your answers

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by warwick View Post
    Hi. I´m new to this forum.

1) What are the differences in terms of torque/hp and sound level adjustability of the Fat Shots compared with the 3" 2+2 Internal Disc mufflers?
    On a stock machine torque/hp gains will differ little; however the Fat shots have more potential for gains as modifications are introduced. In most cases the 3" units will be slightly quieter on the same machine due to the size of the discs and the cosmetic end cap.

2. Can you get the fat Shots with a BLACK closed end cap?
    Yes, as an additonal optional accessory.

3. Since there is no end cap covering the discs, I wonder if there is a potential sooting problem?
    There is an end cap on both units; however exhaust sooting is usually an indication of rich running condition or a potential internal engine problem.

4. Since discs and screws are exposed to rain and dirt, is there any corrosion problem?
    All disc assembly components are made of stainless steel.

Thanks for your answers

warwick Guest

Thanks for your replies.

What are the main differences between the HD SE Fat Shots and the ST version?

bschultz Guest

The Disc Assembly (screws/number of discs/end caps).

warwick Guest

Would you please elaborate?

bschultz Guest

Screws, security (HD) vs. allen head (SuperTrapp)

10 discs per muffler assembled on HD "FATSHOTZ" vs. 24 disc included w/SuperTrapp "FatShots".

Open end cap HD FATSHOTZ vs. Closed end cap w/SuperTrapp FatShots

Black coated aluminum trim ring HD FATSHOTZ vs. Polished aluminum trim ring w/SuperTrapp FatShots

and of course the the logo's, SceaminEagle vs. SuperTrapp, on the muffler body

fgizzo Guest

I understand the fatshotz will not work on older touring bikes since the right and left mufflers flow differently. Can anyone confirm that. I would like to put these on my 2004 CVO 103" Electra Glide.

Thanks

bschultz Guest

The Screaming Eagle FatShotz and the SuperTrapp Fatshots will fit earlier models. There are NO differences in the core/baffle assemblies between the left and right sides. The Screaming Eagle FatShotz will provide MORE sound on an earlier bike due to the "open" end-cap vs the "closed" end-cap supplied with the SuperTrapp FatShots.

fgizzo Guest

Thanks for the quick info, if I try these it will be my 7th set of mufflers on this 103" with Vance and Hines Dresser Dual head pipes.

V+H ovals ( Too Loud )
    V+H Monster Ovals ( Great sound but too ugly )
    SE 65115-98b's ( Sounds like making popcorn on the bike)
    Kuryakyn Crushers ( Nice Idle and Cruise but tinny sounding on easy throttle),
    Klock Werks WFB's ( Too loud and weird decel sound )
    Rinehart slip ons ( Way too loud )

bschultz Guest

If sound is an issue, the SuperTrapp units may be a better choice. If you find them too quiet you could always swap to the "open" end cap.