Thread: SE Series Slip On Questions

Hybrid View

lqqk_out Guest

Default SE Series Slip On Questions

Hi!

In a previous posting, I saw mention of a replacement baffle P/N 100-65115 that can be used in both the HD SE (65515-98B) and the SuperTrapp SE. Is this baffle the same as what's in the 65115-98B or is this baffle going to be quieter?
    I currently have the HD SE and find the drone of the exhaust noise at extended highway speeds to be very annoying. I was looking for a way to quiet these mufflers down. As it is, I've recently removed the HD SE's and put the stock mufflers back on.

My second questions is this. I'm looking for a performance/quiet exhaust system. I purchased my '04 Ultra to hear the radio and my passenger that sits in back of me. Is the 2:1 SuperMegs system a better option? From both a sound loudness and performance capabilty perspective, how does the SuperMegs compare to the SEs and the stock exhaust system based on a mild 95ci build.

Thanks,

Brett
    Last edited by lqqk_out; 10-17-2007 at 04:26 PM.

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    Hi!

In a previous posting, I saw mention of a replacement baffle P/N 100-65115 that can be used in both the HD SE (65515-98B) and the SuperTrapp SE. Is this baffle the same as what's in the 65115-98B or is this baffle going to be quieter?
    I currently have the HD SE and find the drone of the exhaust noise at extended highway speeds to be very annoying. I was looking for a way to quiet these mufflers down. As it is, I've recently removed the HD SE's and put the stock mufflers back on.

My second questions is this. I'm looking for a performance/quiet exhaust system. I purchased my '04 Ultra to hear the radio and my passenger that sits in back of me. Is the 2:1 SuperMegs system a better option? From both a sound loudness and performance capabilty perspective, how does the SuperMegs compare to the SEs and the stock exhaust system based on a mild 95ci build.

Thanks,

Brett
    The replacement core 100-65115 is the same.
    The SE's flow and perform well, however the 2:1 will give maximum performance gains at minimum sound increases.

lqqk_out Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    The SE's flow and perform well, however the 2:1 will give maximum performance gains at minimum sound increases.
    Thanks! But would you consider the 2:1 (with closed cap) louder or quieter then the SEs on the same engine?

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    Thanks! But would you consider the 2:1 (with closed cap) louder or quieter then the SEs on the same engine?
    Sound is subjective and a sound meter reading may tell us something different. However, if you took a pole of touring riders I think you would find a preference for the 2:1.