Thread: trapp cap

crazy canuck Guest

Default trapp cap

Was just wondering what a Trapp Cap is and what does it actually do. Does it act like an opened end cap?

bschultz Guest

The Trapp Caps are machined billet aluminum "cosmetic/dress-up" end caps which are intended to work with (over) the closed end cap; however can be utilized as an open end cap.

crazy canuck Guest

I'm really digging the star trapp cap. So it would flow like the regular opened end cap right? Which would mean I would need to take off 8 or 9 discs? Also, can I buy this cap straight from you guys or some other dealer?

bschultz Guest

Yes, on the 4" units it's more like 10-12 discs. Your local shop/dealer should be able toassist you with an order.

crazy canuck Guest

BShultz,

Me again! Ok. My dealers down here couldn't get the Star Trapp Cap. So I decided to get the regular stainless open end cap. I just want to be 100% on the # of discs I should remove with the open end cap. Cause I've seen in other posts on the forum where you say an open end cap is worth 8 to 9 discs. I'm assuming this is true for the 3" discs right. Since you told me above that a 4" open end cap is worth 10 to 12 discs. Btw, I achived my best performance on my HQ 95" with 23 discs and closed end cap. So I'm thinking of removing 11 discs and adding my open end cap which will put me at 12 discs with the open end cap. Does this combo with the open end cap mean I should get the same performance as the one with the closed cap? But with more noise.

Thanks in advance
    Mike

bschultz Guest

You are right on the money =)

crazy canuck Guest

Cool! Can't wait to try it out. Should be getting the cap in this Friday. I'll let you know what's up when installed.