Thread: black ceramic finish on super megs

ih8chrome Guest

Default black ceramic finish on super megs

How durable is the black finish? I now have a 2:1 system by another brand and any little rock I kick up scratches it and it turns into instant rust a day or two later. (i live in Daytona Beach FL). Also will it turn into this funky orange color after a month? Mine did every dealer I went to and a bike school (MMI) said it was the finish and my re jetting was correct. I just want to ask before I shell out another 600

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ih8chrome View Post
    How durable is the black finish? I now have a 2:1 system by another brand and any little rock I kick up scratches it and it turns into instant rust a day or two later. (i live in Daytona Beach FL). Also will it turn into this funky orange color after a month? Mine did every dealer I went to and a bike school (MMI) said it was the finish and my re jetting was correct. I just want to ask before I shell out another 600
    Our cermaic based coating is a heat cured 2 step process. We have not had any reports of turning a funky orange (or any other color). To expect a coating to stand up to road debri is a pretty tall order. All you have to do is look at the front of a car with a few miles on it. Even chrome will chip or scar if the projectile is traveling at the right angle and velocity.