Thread: 1995 dr 350s

spinella Guest

Default 1995 dr 350s

hello. i just picked up this bike, it has a supertrapp IDS 2 pipe on it. the previous owner did nothing to the carb. the bike is otherwise bone stock. how many disc should i be running in it and what should i do for jetting. the bike stumbles at low rpm (anything under 3500 rpm).after that it runs good. he gave me a bag w/ 3 more discs in it. i love the way it sounds so i don't want to remove the pipe and put it back to stock. a little noise on the road is a good thing. thanks in advance.
    -ed

http://www.supertrapp.com/images/pdfs/003-2253.pdf

Here's a copy of the instructions, it gives number of discs to use for both the 'quiet' core version and the 'race' core version of that muffler-do you know what you have?

The lower rpm is effected by pilot jet and needle position, two area's typically effected by installing a free flowing muffler.

I would look into purchasing a 'Jet kit' from someone like Dyno Jet? They are pretty spot on right out of the box and will help it everywhere.

spinella Guest

thanks, i have the race core. there was 15 disc installed i brought it down to 8 and the 10, it helped a little but i think i'm going to jet the carb. i'll keep you posted with my progress.

Good luck with it, let us know if you have any questions.

spinella Guest

yeah it looks like i need to mess with the carb. i've tried every different disc combo with no good results. any ideas where to start with tuning the carb? its a mikuni. thanks.

Again, I would look at a dyno jet kit or similar.

pretty hard to daignose via the computer, typically from what you said, I would look at the low speed circuits; pilot/needle/needle position.

It's easy and free to pop the needle up a groove with the clip (or shim) and see what happens?