Thread: Disc bolts stripped on 027-7853

roofer929 Guest

Default Disc bolts stripped on 027-7853

When I went to remove the discs on my 027-7853 slip-ons on my FLHT, one of the bolts/threads inside, stripped and I can't get it out. It turns loosely inside but it will not come out. It was tight at first and seemed to turn fine. Should the baffle pull right out for re-packing once the bottom screw is removed because it also seems to be stuck will it come loose with the discs still attached? Are the discs attached to the baffle, if I replace the baffle would I be able to attach the discs to it to fix the striipped threads? I'm not sure what to do because now I have 1 bolt that isn't as tight as the rest.
    Thanks

With age and time the cores will seem almose welded in. It is from the heat and the exhasut gasses.
    Best thing to do, remove the muffler from the bike, and with the single set screw removed, use a broom handle to gently tap the cores out from the inlet end. You could use some penetrating oil to help loosen the core also, be patient with it and they will come out. Once removed you will be able to access what you need. Just let me know.

roofer929 Guest

O.K, thanks.

You got it.

ljlavaseur Guest

Default Replace the nut insert?

Any way to replace the stripped out and loose/spinning nut insert?

ljlavaseur Guest

Default replacement baffle

can just the baffle be purchased for this system? 828-71453

Quote Originally Posted by roofer929 View Post
    When I went to remove the discs on my 027-7853 slip-ons on my FLHT, one of the bolts/threads inside, stripped and I can't get it out. It turns loosely inside but it will not come out. It was tight at first and seemed to turn fine. Should the baffle pull right out for re-packing once the bottom screw is removed because it also seems to be stuck will it come loose with the discs still attached? Are the discs attached to the baffle, if I replace the baffle would I be able to attach the discs to it to fix the striipped threads? I'm not sure what to do because now I have 1 bolt that isn't as tight as the rest.
    Thanks
    Please email me so that I can take care of this situation for you. How long have you had the slipons? Do you have a receipt. Please answer these questions in your emil to me. Thanks! hugger@supertrapp.com