Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fatshots

Quote Originally Posted by Georgew View Post
    In the Gallery section of the Supertrapp web site if you go to American V-Twin Photos/Testimonials.

Then go to the 9TH photo down you will see , Tom 2009 Harley Ultra.

He instaled a 2 into 1 & FREE FLOW AIR CLEANER with out a tune or tuner,,

Question: can I install Fatshots Slip-ons and a FREE FLOW AIR CLEANER with out a tune or tuner?

If so will it help my 09 SG more than just slip-ons?

One more thing Tom does not say how many disc he is using.

Has anyone else tryed this setup if so please let me know????

1.How many disc used??

2.Does the bike run better??

From previous posts;

On any 07 and newer Closed Loop Fi bike you can run as many discs as you like or as few, the stock system will compensate. This is regardless of whether or not you add the stage one upgrade. Run the number of dscs you want based on sound. As I said before 10 is a good starting point for most people.
    Again, with the closed loop system it will compensate for mild changes to run the same afr as stock. Put 10 on and go ride the thing and have fun.

Well after looking at every pipe on earth ,,,, I just droped a moneyorder to www.mandmcycles.com for a set of Fatshots # 728-71576,,,, For an 09 Street Glide

I would like to know what you think about this setup???

The bike is a stock 09 with a 96" motor,, I am going to install the FatShots with 12 dics in each pipe, and go to the Harley Dealer and have them install the 103" A/C and the download for the 103" Stage I kit,,,But not the whole kit,,, I will still have a 96" motor BUT the Air cleaner will be the Stage I and instead of the Stage I download,,, I will have the download made for the 103 Stage I kit,,, With this setup I hope to have a cooler & better running bike.

Please let me know what you think????

George, sounds like a plan!

I am running the fatshots on my 03 with the 88" with a DFO and really like them. I have 10 discs on each side because of my true dual set up.

12 discs on each side will probably work well for you because of your 96". If it turns out to be too loud, drop 2 discs and then run it to see how it sounds. That's the beauty of the disc setup.

Enjoy!

PS. I don't work for Supertrapp but I've run a few of their pipes over the years and really like them.
    Howard
    USAF (Ret.)
    Ironbutt #26949
    2003 HD Road King

Good start point-12 discs and go from there.

I am not only an employee, I'm also a customer.

Ride safe.