Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatshots

Default Fatshots

I have a 2009 Street Glide I can not find a place to buy them,, also how many disc for stock & if I go to Stage I should I change the # of disc?

Since they are so new, you are probably finding dealers that 'Cant find them in the book' and look no further?
    Give them the part number and tell them to contact their distributor(make them work a little?).
    728-71576 is the number.
    10 is a good starting point, regardless of what else you have on their. The new bikes will compensate fuel for minor changes, the new head pipes on the 09 are pretty good as well.
    Ride and enjoy.
    Have a good weekend.

https://www.mandmcycles.com/homepage.htm

Give Mark a call at M and M cycles and he can get them for you and give you a good price as well. Just give him the part number.

I just put a set on my 2003 Road King last week after ordering them from him and I can tell you that you will like them. I am running the recommended 10 discs in each with my true dual set up it seems to work. Nice deep tone and not too loud, just about right! Plus they look great on the bike.
    Howard
    USAF (Ret.)
    Ironbutt #26949
    2003 HD Road King

THANKS for the plug and glad your happy, have a good weekend and ride safe.

Sorry more questions,, you said you used 10 disc,, do I need 10 running stock and if I go with the Stage I do I need to add more disc? Also its an 09 with the new exhaust system should I have a different # of disc on each side to balance out the pipes making it a well balanced almost a two in one?

This is my last question (maybe). The 09 Street Glide has a wider rear axle, so the 09 mufflers have a dent on the side close to the axle to allow instaling the muffler. Will I have trouble instaling the Fatshots on my 09?

I used 10 discs on each side because I am running a true dual set up. You most likely will need more on one side than the other-maybe like 10 on the right and 8 on the left? I don't know for sure. I also have the stage one and I am running a DFO for my fuel injection which gives me a little bit of adjustment.

As far as fitment goes, I am not sure how they will fit on your '09. The Fatshots are not side specific, they can go on either side of the bike. I don't think that Harley made any radical changes to the slip-on part of the exhaust for 2009, but you might want to contact Supertrapp for fitment.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Jeepwatchman; 05-26-2009 at 09:16 AM.
    Howard
    USAF (Ret.)
    Ironbutt #26949
    2003 HD Road King

On any 07 and newer Closed Loop Fi bike you can run as many discs as you like or as few, the stock system will compensate. This is regardless of whether or not you add the stage one upgrade. Run the number of dscs you want based on sound. As I said before 10 is a good starting point for most people.
    The 09 is a true 2 into 1 into 2 system, run the SAME number of discs on each side.
    Although the 09 did get a wider tire the use the same mufflers as far as ALL of our Sli-On mufflers. They fit perfectly. The stock mufflers are wider than previous years stock mufflers.

In the Gallery section of the Supertrapp web site if you go to American V-Twin Photos/Testimonials.

Then go to the 9TH photo down you will see , Tom 2009 Harley Ultra.

He instaled a 2 into 1 & FREE FLOW AIR CLEANER with out a tune or tuner,,

Question: can I install Fatshots Slip-ons and a FREE FLOW AIR CLEANER with out a tune or tuner?

If so will it help my 09 SG more than just slip-ons?

One more thing Tom does not say how many disc he is using.

Again, with the closed loop system it will compensate for mild changes to run the same afr as stock. Put 10 on and go ride the thing and have fun.