Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the right ones

Russell L. Brasher Guest

Default Looking for the right ones

Can anyone help me find supertrapps for my 2004 intruder 1400? Have been looking so long my eyes have fallen out.

Default Suzuki Intruder

Hope your eyes have recovered!

While we don't make a specific exhaust for you bike, we do have a full line of Universal Exhausts. I'm sure you can find something you like that would work.

Here's a link to our Universal Exhausts Product Page:
    http://www.supertrapp.com/product_se...rsal/index.asp

You might also want to check out the Universals Video Thread to see what other riders might have done:
    http://forums.supertrapp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Good luck and I hope that helps!

flying92 Guest

Sorry to tag onto this thread, but I also own a Suzuki Intruder, though mine is a 750. How can we tell which of the universal products will be the best fit? I am looking for something slightly louder than stock that will give my bike a better tone. It looks like a megaphone or s/c elite might be the best option, can you offer some advice on how to choose a muffler for this application?

Thanks,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by flying92 View Post
    Sorry to tag onto this thread, but I also own a Suzuki Intruder, though mine is a 750. How can we tell which of the universal products will be the best fit? I am looking for something slightly louder than stock that will give my bike a better tone. It looks like a megaphone or s/c elite might be the best option, can you offer some advice on how to choose a muffler for this application?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark, you can use the 4" disc Megaphone or the 4" disc S/C Elite either one will work great on your bike, it all depends on which one you like the looks of best. I believe I may have talked with you yesterday. If you get measurements of the current muffler and the outside diameter of the pipe that the SuperTrapp slides over I will be able to assit you with sizing!
    Please email me at: hugger@supertrapp.com

Default 1400 Intruder Universal??

Quote Originally Posted by Russell L. Brasher View Post
    Can anyone help me find supertrapps for my 2004 intruder 1400? Have been looking so long my eyes have fallen out.
    Hi Russell, same as Mark with the 750 Intruder, you can use the 4" discs mufflers if you are running 2 or the 5" disc S/C Elite if you are running one muffler. I will need the outside diameter of the pipe that the SuperTrapp will slip over and the length of you current mufflers. Email me and I will assist you from there. hugger@supertrapp.com

flying92 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hugger View Post
    Mark, you can use the 4" disc Megaphone or the 4" disc S/C Elite either one will work great on your bike, it all depends on which one you like the looks of best. I believe I may have talked with you yesterday. If you get measurements of the current muffler and the outside diameter of the pipe that the SuperTrapp slides over I will be able to assit you with sizing!
    Is there any difference in the sound or performance of those two mufflers or is the difference just their appearance?

I am just now looking into this, so you were probably thinking of someone else.

Thanks for your help!

Mark

Both will be very comparable, the SC Elite may be slightly quieter as it has more internal volume.
    Both would be louder than stock muffler on your bike.

flying92 Guest

Thanks for the advice. The SC Elite seem to be the best fit for what I'd like.

Just two more questions...

My stock mufflers have a crossover between them. I assume if I replace them with Supertrapps, I will no longer have that - is this a concern?

Also, the existing mufflers have a welded on tab the is bolted to the frame - is there any problem with not have the replacement mufflers supported in a simialr manner?

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Russell L. Brasher View Post
    Russell, like Gina said earlier we do not have anything specific for your bike. We do have the Universal mufflers and if you will email me your phone # I will call you and help you determine if a Universal slipon would be what you want and need! My email is: hugger@supertrapp.com

Quote Originally Posted by flying92 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. The SC Elite seem to be the best fit for what I'd like.

Just two more questions...

My stock mufflers have a crossover between them. I assume if I replace them with Supertrapps, I will no longer have that - is this a concern?

Also, the existing mufflers have a welded on tab the is bolted to the frame - is there any problem with not have the replacement mufflers supported in a simialr manner?

Thanks for the help!
    Please note that if you use Slipon Mufflers you will not lose your crossover. The crossover is in the headpipes.
    For the mounting tabs depending on what slipon you purchase you will need to weld on the brackets that come with the muffler or use a clamp that goes around the body.