Thread: Need info on #027 7853

UP Brett Guest

Default Need info on #027 7853

I believe this is for a harley Flhtc from what I could find so far.
    I just picked this up to try on my 2008 Yamaha Nytro FX snowmobile. The previous owner had put a under tunnel exhaust on it,(glasspack). It is very LOUD, I'm hopeing this will quiet it down a bit.
    Aslo I need to get a 90 turn down end cap for it as it has a straight on it now. If I could get a part # and where to order from would be great. Also the disc inside, and how many to run more or less disc for quieter. I'll have to try the power with different disc next winter.

You are correct, Harley FLH 95-09.
    More Disc=more sound, more flow.
    Less Disc=less sound, less flow.
    Turn down end cap is 308-3635, you can order that thru any local motorcycle store or contact us at 216-265-8400x128.

Keep in mind, you are treading in uncharted territory, we do not make anything for snowmobiles nor have we ever tested anything on them. Typically a snowmobile has a pretty high output engine, the muffler you have is designed for a Harley that puts out typically no more than 100HP-and it uses two of those mufflers.

UP Brett Guest

Thank you for the help. I know I'm trending in uncharted waters, but somebody has to.
    The sled is a 1049cc 3 cylinder 4-stroke motor, similar to yamahas sport bikes, R-1. Could you recommend one that may work.

Thanks for the help,
    Brett

Definitely too much motor for that muffler.
    You will want something in a 4" disc varietly, such as the 'S/C Elite' or the internal disc 'SuperLight' cans.

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_se...rsal/index.asp

Here's a link, check 'em out and let us know if you have any questions.

UP Brett Guest

Thanks for the help and info.

Brett

No problem, thank you.