Thread: Harley touring slip ons

Default Harley touring slip ons

I have an old set of Harley slip on's I had on my Road King the have the # 027-7919 stamped on the body and the Harley part # was 65921-95. Is the core on these at all similar to the Supertrapp SE slip on's?

Thanks

Tim

Default Harley Touring Slip-Ons Core

If you can find out from your local H-D dealer if the part numbers you specify are the same as their Screamin' Eagle Performance II mufflers, then yes, our core should be the same as we used to make Harley's Screamin' Eagle Performance II Mufflers. Our SE Series Slip-Ons are the same thing. Hope that helps. Good luck!

These predate the 65115-98B touring mufflers which are the Supertrapp SE. The core is a serviceable core with a welded in plate about a third of the way from the front inlet and a riveted in baffle at the rear. They look like the kerker touring baffle except for the additional internals. So I guess my question is what is the difference in the internal baffling of the Supertrapp SE's and the 027-7919.

Thanks.

The 027-7919 is the part number for the body of a very old discontinued muffler offered thru the motor co about 10 years ago? Those went thru a number of changes thru the years, but are BASICALLY very similar to current Kerker baffles.
    The SE's are quieter.

They are old. I bought them in 1995. Have since bought a pair of kerkers.
    The baffles are similar to the kerkers except for some additional baffling inside the core. They fit right in the new kerker body. Is there a diagram or cutaway for the SE's that I could compare the old baffles to? I am looking for quieter than my kerker baffles and had considered buying a set of SE baffles. I would like to see if the SE's are similar to the old baffles I have, if they are similar, perhaps the old ones I have will suffice. Thanks.

Sorry no tech drawings. Closest thing to a drawig would be pg 7 of our catalog, you can down load from the website.

http://www.supertrapp.com/resource/catalog_download.asp

As mentioned earlier, those went thru some changes over the years but are basically the same as the current Kerker. The SE's are quieter.

If you really want quiet/adjustable performance, we are about to release our new 'Fat Shot' Slip-Ons for the bagger. They are utilize the 4" disc based technology with a straight thru 2' core. With 6 discs they are out flowing stock and are quieter thru the entire rpm range, but can also be opened up for more flow and sound by adding discs. They will be available before the end of March.

Thanks for the reply. I am still not quite getting the information I am looking for. Will Supertrapp have a booth or any representation at Bike week in Daytona? If so, maybe I could stop by and have a look at the SE mufflers and Fat shots and maybe even hear them on a bike. Thanks.

Tim

Sorry man, as far as technical drawings go (for any product), we don't give that information out.

You asked if the SE mufflers would be quieter than the Kerker STYLE that you have now and I told you, YES they would be quieter.

We will be at Destination Daytona with RacePro display, I will be there Monday thru Thursday afternoon. We will have SE mufflers on display, as I said, the Fat Shots are new, if I can get a set of early release units down there in time I will.
    Thanks and See you there.

Not a problem about the drawings, I understand. the old baffles I have are very different from the kerker baffles I have. I just want to compare the old ones with the SE's . I will be in Daytona on Thursday so I will come by and say hello.

Thanks.

Tim