Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HD 883 tune

oldmanjob Guest

Latest news is that I went on a poker run Saturday which was 103.5 miles from door to door. When I refilled the tank it took 1.65 gallons So the 883 Sporty with the carb re-jetting and 16 disc's averaged 62.72 MPG. Plus many inquires about the system.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanjob View Post
    After a couple of hundred more miles, from the color of the plugs, the bike seems to be running on the rich side. Would it be a good idea to increase the disc's from 16 to 18 before messing around with carb adjusting
    Now that you have the carb set do not go back into it. Do your tuning with the SuperTrapp the way it was intended. Like Jeff said be sure to use anti seize on the screws everytime you put them back in.

oldmanjob Guest

Thanks Hugger for the advice. After my last post
    Latest news is that I went on a poker run Saturday which was 103.5 miles from door to door. When I refilled the tank it took 1.65 gallons So the 883 Sporty with the carb re-jetting and 16 disc's averaged 62.72 MPG. Plus many inquires about the system.
    I believe I will be leaving everything alone for a while

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanjob View Post
    After a couple of hundred more miles, from the color of the plugs, the bike seems to be running on the rich side. Would it be a good idea to increase the disc's from 16 to 18 before messing around with carb adjusting
    At this point leave the carb alone and do your tuning with the SuperTrapp! Adding a couple of discs will lean it up a tad. If you get any popping when you roll off the throttle at speed then take one disc off. And go fo another test ride.

oldmanjob Guest

News about latest adventure. Just came back from a 3 day 800 mile round trip from Dana NC to the Barber Motorcycle Museum and Motorsports Park in Leeds Alabama. (Even did 4 laps around the track). With the #45 slow jet, #165 main jet and a NOKH jet needle, and 16 disc's with a closed end cap, the 883 averaged 61 MPG and this included Interstate, back roads, twisties, traffic, and the 340 mile stop only for gas ride home in the rain By the way the bright gold sparkling pipes are sure an attention getter.

Thumbs up Show off!!

I hear you. I've been on group rides for four weekends straight. As much as I love watching the other riders having to fill up over and over again, I don't like the wait or the views from gas stations. To me, it's about the riding, scenery, taking in small towns, and talking with the locals, not about hunting for gas stations and sweating in the heat while filling up the gas tank.