Thread: transmission clamp touring supermeg

bigpete1 Guest

Default transmission clamp touring supermeg

i posted about the clamp that goes around front pipe at the transmission mount but somehow got deleted .do you sell a better calmp that fits around pipe and mount i have broken and changed the worm drive clamps at least ten times and need the pipe is only a year old ,thanks pete

bschultz Guest

Contact customer service for a heavier clamp.

I talked to customer service (Gerry) when I ordered a new header and i was told clamp is still the same as always (hose clamp) and that they commonly break. I have broken several over the last 35,000 miles or so.
    Last edited by jeff; 02-12-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Maybe some confusion, we do have a heavier T-Bolt style clamp, part number 011-2635 that can be used.
    The T-Bolt clamps are a little bulkier and harder to install, but they should work fine and are substaintially heavier.
    E-mail with your name and address and we'll send one.

Thanks,
    Jeff

I sent a pm with mailing info. thanks jeff the tranny mount has been my one complaint with an otherwise great exhaust.

got the new tranny clamp today and while it was a little bit of a pain to put on compared to the hose clamp, it certainly is going to hold up much better. Ironicly I had to change my clutch cable so it was perfect timing. Thanks again Jeff