Thread: Disc help

Gary D Guest

Default Disc help

GURU:
    I Have a pair of 3" internal disc slip ons #628-78053 that I'm putting on an 09 HD Road Glide. No other mods, no downloads, no hi flo air cleaner, all stock. How many disc's would you reccomend on each side for these mufflers? Bike will remain stock, just want a little more noise but don't want to hurt low or top end performance. Just looking for the best all around overall combination of sound and performance with out going crazy with fuel management devices and or downloads.
    Thanks,
    Gary D.
    Last edited by Gary D; 12-21-2008 at 03:09 PM.

bschultz Guest

The pipes come with 12 discs each. Run 14-16 on the right and the remainder on the left with a stock crossover pipe.

Gary D Guest

Thanks GURU
    But can you tell me the difference in end caps. 308-3635 is for the internal disc and is priced at $110. 108-8022 is for the SE mufflers and is priced at $57.80. They look the same, both turn down/out, is one 3 inch and the other 4 inch?
    Thanks again
    Gary D.

bschultz Guest

The Internal Disc end caps (308- prefix) are more labor/material intense in manufacturing. The Kerker end caps (108- prefix) are a little simpler in attachment design and are not compatible with each other.