Thread: "2:1" with factory headpipes?

northeastconfederate Guest

Default "2:1" with factory headpipes?

Hello, just got my Supertrapp Megaphone series slip-ons for my '02 Road King. From reviewing other readers' posts I have a pretty good idea for a starting point with discs, but haven't seen the following dealt with: I have blocked off the left side of my stock y-pipe to create a low-buck 2:1. I got the idea from several different sources and had pretty good luck with it, at least as far as "seat-of-the-pants" performance goes, with prior exhaust setups. What is your opinion of this arrangement? I used a freeze plug up near the head, as close as I could get it to the joint in the y-pipe and tack-welded it in. My bike has the HD big bore 95" kit with flat tops, 9.2:1 compression. Currently uses mild S&S 510G cams and a high flow air cleaner setup. Otherwise it is stock. Future plans include 10.5:1 compression, 585G cams [also from S&S] and either S&S Super Stock heads or Branch ported heads. I plan to start with 20 discs if I keep the blocked off left pipe, if I open it I'll start with 16-18 right, 8-9 left [closed end cap]. Thanks in advance for any input!

bschultz Guest

Sounds like you have a doable game plan.