Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SE Slipons

fatboy369 Guest

Default SE Slipons

I have SE slipon mufflers Harley part # 65115-98B the baffles are 23 1/4 in. long what Kerker baffle would work

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy369 View Post
    I have SE slipon mufflers Harley part # 65115-98B the baffles are 23 1/4 in. long what Kerker baffle would work
    Hi there!

You can use the Kerker standard K3 baffle, part # 100-7580 sold as each or the Kerker Mukuni baffle part # 100-7857 sold as each.

Please note that the Kerker K3 baffle is close to the SE baffle as far as performance and a bit louder. The Kerker Mukuni baffle is going to give you more performance and it is very loud.

You can order both of these products thru your local friendly HD dealer.

Thanks for using SuperTrapp/Kerker products!!

fatboy369 Guest

Default baffles

Are those 2 not to short, wont they burn my mufflers. the 7857 is only about 12 inches long, I heard that I should order 100-65115 and it would be a factory fit

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy369 View Post
    Are those 2 not to short, wont they burn my mufflers. the 7857 is only about 12 inches long, I heard that I should order 100-65115 and it would be a factory fit
    The K-3 Baffle is a full (body) length baffle. The Mikuni is a shorter "performance" baffle that may cause the front part of the muffler body to discolor if the machine is not tuned properly (excess heat from being to lean). The SE baffle (100-65115) is a direct replacement.

fatboy369 Guest

Default slip ons

Why is it that I am having trouble ordering a set of 100-65115 baffles, can I not just order from supertrapp or do i have to go to some dealer, which by the way is not going very well

Pumba11 Guest

bschlutz,

I bought what I think are HD SE 65115-98B mufflers. Is this number stamped on them at all? I couldn't find any #'s.

Also, if I look through the right muffler I can see a little bit of light, but not a straight pipe through. The left muffler shows no light. Do you think I have 98B's.

Also, they are louder than I expected, can I just re-pack the baffles?

bschultz Guest

There is a P/N stamped on the muffler body that begins with 027-XXXX (4 digits). The SE baffles/cores are the same left and right and are not servicable (cannot be repacked). The whole core assembly can be replaced, an assembly similar to a cartridge.

Pumba11 Guest

bschlutz,

I am back.

I located the number on the muffler it is 027-7117.

What muffler do I have?

I have found them to be too loud for distance riding since I can not re-pack it (I can see there is almost no packing left). Can I purchase quieter baffles to fit this muffer?

And back to this light issue from my earlier post, Gerry at your office think that they may have been modified and they should be the same (no light). Your thoughts?

bschultz Guest

These muffler bodies were used in HD Sreming Eagle slip-ons P/N 128-7115-98B for the '95-06 FLH/FLT models. They used the same core assembly as the 65115-98B's, which is the 100-65115.

Pumba11 Guest

So do you think they were modified if I can see light through it?

Would new core's be at all quieter?