Thread: Choosing Stouts or SE

Default Choosing Stouts or SE

2010 FLHTK fitted with V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals

The Ovals have to go - way too loud (unbearable through the many tunnels I travel through regularly)

Questions:

1. As the CAT would have gone with the Power Dual fitment I look for confirmation that I should order the pre 2010 Stout or SE model if I want moderate sound levels?

2. From the product description it seems that it is possible to order a rebuild-able core option?

3. Do the SEs/Stouts come with the end caps shown on their product sheet photos or no end cap at all?

4. Other than size, looks, names and huge price differences what are the key differences between these mufflers?

many thanks

David

Quote Originally Posted by david barnby View Post
    2010 FLHTK fitted with V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals

The Ovals have to go - way too loud (unbearable through the many tunnels I travel through regularly)

Questions:

1. As the CAT would have gone with the Power Dual fitment I look for confirmation that I should order the pre 2010 Stout or SE model if I want moderate sound levels?

2. From the product description it seems that it is possible to order a rebuild-able core option?

3. Do the SEs/Stouts come with the end caps shown on their product sheet photos or no end cap at all?

4. Other than size, looks, names and huge price differences what are the key differences between these mufflers?

many thanks

David
    Sorry, missed this post earlier. On the later model bike, the Stout mufflers are THE way to go. They are larger body, deeper mellow tone. They come with end cap ready to go. Where the other smaller mufflers are sold muffler/end cap separate. With a cross over head pipe like that I would stay with the late model muffler also, they are not loud.