Thread: Sepermeg bracket to frame spacing on Softail

Default Sepermeg bracket to frame spacing on Softail

Just installed Supertrapp 828-71572 2:1 SuperMeg on my 2001 Heritage Softail

I did not go from stock to the Supermeg

I went via a V&H Pro Pipe HS2

Install for Propipe had the Harley mounting studs that hold Muffler Bracket to frame replaced with V&S Bolts

Install for Supermeg instructions state keep stock bolts for this job.

Until I saw this (man reading instructions AFTER job done) I just used the V&H bolts to mount the Supermeg bracket forgettng they are not stock

Stock Harley fixings are STUDS which means it would be "retain the stock nuts" not "bolts"

Question is. Using the stock STUDS would mean the bracket stands off the frame by the thickness of the stud nut (see picture) and although everything lined up niceley with no force needed I am asking if the system is designed to have that space. Studs sure make it easier to hang the bracket but I dont want to loosen the whole system to realign after replacing bolts with studs unless i have to

Many thanks, David

Mounting studs.jpg

David, the Heritage is a little different than the other models.
    The other bikes have bolts that hold the bracket.
    The key is to just be sure that everything lines up smoothly and nothing is being forced to fit.

cheers - i leave it as it is as it all lined up fine. Just spent the day power vision autotuning with 26 discs. Tomorrow will do same with 20 then with 16. Will have a tune for each number of discs so I have options how I want to use the bike / noise level. Your point noted in the other thread about the open end cap

Compliments to your engineers for getting the sensor bung placement so good. easy to put them in an impossible to access position on the headers. As you can see, the sensors are positioned perfectly with room for the cables and access between the engine, pipes and frames to spanner them. Input would be too use a plug with a hex socket as the wrench size is so large it is hard to get it to the plug and have a decent turn when the pipes are mounted

thanks for your help as always

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg
    Last edited by david barnby; 02-21-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Awesome! I usually put the sensors in first before installing pipe and then run the wires back up.
    Looks good David!