Thread: Ever see one of these? ID help, please.

Default Ever see one of these? ID help, please.

Hi all,
    I recently got a 1978 KZ1000D (Z1R). Included with no explanation was this Supertrapp megaphone. The number stamped on it is 4 MSM-61003. I have spoken to S'trapp, but they have no such # in their system. Holding it up to my bike with no exhaust on it, it seems like it would fit.
    I'm trying to find if this meg is actually for a KZ1000, and if there is a front section out there that would be compatible. From pics I've seen of Kerkers for sale, it looks like the present day system's collector makes the turn that this pipe makes, so it would have to be shortened to fit, or I could cut the turn out of this meg. to get them together.
    If anyone recognizes this piece, or knows when it was made, etc., any help would be appreciated. I hope I can post pics, I just joined here and haven't tried yet.

IMG_3133.jpg
    IMG_3128.jpg Here is a resized image. Hope it works.
    Last edited by jeffz; 11-27-2017 at 03:11 PM. Reason: add pics

As James I think explained, that is an old one-very old. That goes back to when SuperTrapp was still in Sacramento CA, before the purchase of the Kerker brand. So, for sure the Kerker headpipe will not match up at all. It is amazing how good that thing looks for being so old. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the reply. The guy at Suptrp. said the same. Not hard to do when you buy something, never install it, and keep it in your house for decades. I'll set it aside for now. Lots of other work to complete my bike for the road. IMG_2861.jpg