Thread: How much back pressure do I need?

Default How much back pressure do I need?

Hi everyone newbie here, I just bought a 2017 V Rod and the first thing to do is make it louder!, I have installed the Super trapp fat shots. I love the sound with 6 discs and a 1" hole in the back plate, but am wondering if I can run with no back plate or any discs. Just open. Will this hurt anything or would it be ok. Will the baffle produce enough pressure? I will put the stock muffs back on for the 1000 mile check. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by rlsticks View Post
    Hi everyone newbie here, I just bought a 2017 V Rod and the first thing to do is make it louder!, I have installed the Super trapp fat shots. I love the sound with 6 discs and a 1" hole in the back plate, but am wondering if I can run with no back plate or any discs. Just open. Will this hurt anything or would it be ok. Will the baffle produce enough pressure? I will put the stock muffs back on for the 1000 mile check. Thanks for any help.
    You can try it, you will probably see a slight loss in bottom end torque, maybe rev a little slower and possibly gain a little top end, the only thing it may hurt is your neighbors eardrums or the drivers in the car next to you on the road.

Loud pipes save lives! Thanks for your input