Thread: 813-3601 Repack

Default 813-3601 Repack

I need to repack a 813-3601 Supertrapp muffler. There aren't any button screws holding together and there aren't any rivets other than one under the clamp at the inlet end. In order to take this thing apart do I drill out the one rivet and then broom handle it out or should it come apart with out drilling out the rivet? If I drill the rivet do I need to replace it and if so with what?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IamGo View Post
    I need to repack a 813-3601 Supertrapp muffler. There aren't any button screws holding together and there aren't any rivets other than one under the clamp at the inlet end. In order to take this thing apart do I drill out the one rivet and then broom handle it out or should it come apart with out drilling out the rivet? If I drill the rivet do I need to replace it and if so with what?
    Thanks
    If there are no other external screws, then the only thing holding the core in would be the small rivet underneath the inlet clamp. Remove the muffler from the bike and remove the rivet and use the broom stick. Be patient, maybe use some penetrating oil to loosen it up.