Thread: Supermeg Breakdown & Dimensions

Default Supermeg Breakdown & Dimensions

Hi - Can you tell me how many parts the Supereg consists of?

Obviously the muffler is a separate part but are the two headers one assembly with the collector or are they:

2 separate parts : 2 headers "in one" assembly + collector?

3 separate parts : 2 separate headers + collector ?

1 part : collector and headers all one assembly

Also, what is the length of the muffler?

And if the headers/collector is one assembly what is the effective length of the whole thing?

Am looking to see what size container I will need to transport them in on the way to the dyno

Many thanks

Depending on model;
    FLH models the shipping box is 24lbs and box is; 44x22x8
    All others; 22lbs and box is; 33x23x6

All systems consist of;
    Headpipe (complete)
    Muffler
    Mount Bracket
    Hardware Kit

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by david barnby View Post
    Hi - Can you tell me how many parts the Supereg consists of?

Obviously the muffler is a separate part but are the two headers one assembly with the collector or are they:

And if the headers/collector is one assembly what is the effective length of the whole thing?

Am looking to see what size container I will need to transport them in on the way to the dyno

Many thanks

Thanks to you too, appreciate it - BUT, is not the box dimensions I need. Can you let me know the answers to the questions I listed regarding the supermeg itself.

The exhaust I ordered is: Supertrapp 828-71572 2:1 SuperMeg Exhaust System

Can you tell me how many parts this Supermeg consist of?

As I wrote in OP, i need to work out how to transport and I will not be using the original packing - and i can't wait until i receive it

Many thanks again
    Last edited by david barnby; 06-29-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Any chance of helping - maybe if no measurements at least tell me how many parts in breaks down into. If the headers are separate they might fit in my saddlebags for example

Any chance of helping - maybe if no measurements at least tell me how many parts in breaks down into. If the headers are separate they might fit in my saddlebags for example
    SuperMeg;
    The headpipe is one piece (complete) roughly 30" long x 20" tall-it comes packaged with all three heat shields wrapped in bubble wrap.
    The muffler is roughly 24" long x 4" diameter
    That Softail system has a mount bracket that is roughly 18" long x 5"
    There is a hardware kit (bagged) roughly 6"x 6"x6"

Headpipe/heatshields/muffler/bracket/hardware/instructions = 6 items in the box.

You would have to have some pretty big saddlebags to stuff it in, I wouldn't recommend, I think you are asking for something to happen-I think you could strap the entire box on your bike to transport-I think it would stay protected better and it's easy to strap a big box on the bike. Good luck with it, get it on and go have fun, thanks David!

Cheers, just what I needed. You are right, saddlebags a no go completely but now i know what to plan for I can get on with it.

Many thanks again

Will let you know how I get on

Thanks again jwells - pipes now all safe and sound in my garage ready for fitment (used a seafarer kit bag to transport them). I bought a pack of extra discs to experiment when I get to the Dyno. Can you tell me how many discs the screws that come with the pipes can hold? Do I need the race screws if I go over 20 discs?

Best regards

David

Ha - just found this post by Fanny: Our standard 2 inch disc screws allow installation of 1-20 discs.=P/N 404-7206
    Our "Race" screws are 3 inches long and allow installation of 15-34 discs.=P/N 404-7306
    You would want to consider longer screws if you are installing more than 20 discs on one muffler.
    Last edited by david barnby; 09-18-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks again jwells - pipes now all safe and sound in my garage ready for fitment (used a seafarer kit bag to transport them). I bought a pack of extra discs to experiment when I get to the Dyno. Can you tell me how many discs the screws that come with the pipes can hold? Do I need the race screws if I go over 20 discs?

Best regards

David

Ha - just found this post by Fanny: Our standard 2 inch disc screws allow installation of 1-20 discs.=P/N 404-7206
    Our "Race" screws are 3 inches long and allow installation of 15-34 discs.=P/N 404-7306
    You would want to consider longer screws if you are installing more than 20 discs on one muffler.
    Awesome!
    You can usually get away with a few more discs than 20, but you are running fewer thread engagement-don't go over 22. Or the open end cap, that flows the equivalent of about 10 discs.
    Other than knowing you have an 84-11 Softail, you have not told us anything about the bike/build, so guessing it is stock (intake/breather) I would start with 16-18 discs and go from there. Be sure to use all of the supplied anti-seize in the threads of the muffler body before installing the discs/screws.