Thread: New members, thanks for having me!

Default I am new to the forum, thanks for having me!

I'm curious to know, how many diffusers, per muffler (Fatshots), would you need to equal the Rienharts I am replacing. Would it be 12, 10, 8, I would like to have a starting point. I tried with 12 per side, wicked at 3000 rpm's and up but the bottom end torque is gone. Love the mufflers however, after several different makes, these are the best for sound, appearance and quality. Thank you.
    Last edited by Rkc; 05-01-2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Rkc View Post
    I'm curious to know, how many diffusers, per muffler (Fatshots), would you need to equal the Rienharts I am replacing. Would it be 12, 10, 8, I would like to have a starting point. I tried with 12 per side, wicked at 3000 rpm's and up but the bottom end torque is gone. Love the mufflers however, after several different makes, these are the best for sound, appearance and quality. Thank you.
    Thank you!
    if 12 felt a little flat down low, take two out and try it-usually a stock or mild motor 8-10 is about right. Be sure to use liberal amounts of anti-seize grease in the threads of the muffler also.
    Thanks!

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. Before posting, I read every thread on here relating to this. I wanted to avoid duplication. It's just that the Rienharts were balanced really well at both low and high end curves, but obnoxiously loud; that's why they're being replaced. I have a 95 cubic inch stage 4, and just finished installing the fatshots and S&S power tune duals. I was trying to duplicate the Rienharts, and avoid doing it by trial & error.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. Before posting, I read every thread on here relating to this. I wanted to avoid duplication. It's just that the Rienharts were balanced really well at both low and high end curves, but obnoxiously loud; that's why they're being replaced. I have a 95 cubic inch stage 4, and just finished installing the fatshots and S&S power tune duals. I was trying to duplicate the Rienharts, and avoid doing it by trial & error.
    Give it a shot, we've never tested that headpipe but you should see improvements everywhere.

I removed two discs from each side. I think I'm where I wanted to be. Low end torque is back to where it was, while keeping top end. Thanks.

I removed two discs from each side. I think I'm where I wanted to be. Low end torque is back to where it was, while keeping top end. Thanks.
    Awesome!

Thanks for the feedback.