Thread: True dual torque loss??

Default True dual torque loss??

First let me indroduce myself.My name is Dave and been reading a lot.Lots of good information but cant find an answer to my simple question. I have 2007 roadking with stock head pipe with y pipe but have screaming eagle night sticks.Stage one download and high flow air cleaner.I hear the stock head pipe out performs true duals as far as low end torque.I was wondering just how much better?Would I notice?I ride two up most of the time.I run 13 disc on each side.Would I be able to subtract disc to get this torque back if there is a loss?Any comments are appreciated. Thank you.

The Performance of the OEM pipe falls in between the "True Duals" and a true 2:1 "Performance pipe" which will likely be noticed more with riding two up. Regaining bottom end torque via the reduction of discs is unlikely and will restrict the exhaust flow to the point of affecting top end performance.

Thank you for the reply Schultz.Maybe I'll tune what I have .I dont want to lose the torque right off idle.I do a lot of mountain pass rideing.Thanks gain.