Thread: XG750 Screaming Eagle disc tune up kit

Default XG750 Screaming Eagle disc tune up kit

I have the Harley Street 750 (XG750) with the Screaming Eagle Nightstick 2-into-1 exhaust.
    The diameter at the end cap is less than 4". The measurement from middle of the screws is ~3 1/4". Does it mean that a 3" discs will fit?
    Does anyone know if the diameter of the discs in the SuperTrapp Tune Kit for the Screamin’ Eagle Nightstick Single Slip-On (P/N 404-7881) will fit?
    Thank you.

Can you provide the HD Screaming Eagle part number?
    These should be 4" discs.

Quote Originally Posted by schultz View Post
    Can you provide the HD Screaming Eagle part number?
    These should be 4" discs.
    The HD part number for the Screaming Eagle Nightstick 2 into 1 slip on muffler is 64900220.

Tune Kit, P/N 404-7881...can be used; however may be a little overkill on the 750.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Tune Kit, P/N 404-7881...can be used; however may be a little overkill on the 750.

What are you trying to accomplish?
    I would like the sound to be a little bit louder. What is the maximum number of discs I should use, if I get the Tune-kit?

P/N 404-7881, includes;
    10 discs
    open end-cap
    6 pack 2.5" screws
    2cc hi-temp lube (anti-seize)
    security hex key

Keep in mind the catalyst in the OEM (stock) headpipe soaks up a tremendous amount of sound.

Swapping to the "open end cap" (P/N 405-3046) should accomplish this (equivalent to flow of 1-12 discs).

I might suggest removing the disc assembly (including end-cap) and taking the bike for a ride to find out what kind of (maximum) sound level can be produced.

P/N 404-7881, includes;
    10 discs
    open end-cap
    6 pack 2.5" screws
    2cc hi-temp lube (anti-seize)
    security hex key

Keep in mind the catalyst in the OEM (stock) headpipe soaks up a tremendous amount of sound.

Swapping to the "open end cap" (P/N 405-3046) should accomplish this (equivalent to flow of 1-12 discs).

I might suggest removing the disc assembly (including end-cap) and taking the bike for a ride to find out what kind of (maximum) sound level can be produced.
    Thank you!!! I will try it.

You mentioned that on 750 it may be a little bit overkill. Is it because the 750 engine cannot push much more volume through it, so even if the exhaust is more open, it will not make much difference? Could you elaborate?
    Thank you.

Yes, plus you'll reach a point where (by adding discs and/or removing the disc assembly completely) the catalyst in the headpipe will become the restrictive factor in your exhaust system.