Thread: Supertrapp Stout 95-09 baffles

orlfab Guest

Default Supertrapp Stout 95-09 baffles

Good mornig,

I installed a Supertrapp Stout (95-09 model) on my SG and I Have seen that the right baffle is different from the left baffle.
    I will know is normal or there was an error on pagkage assembly and I have receive 1 muffler with no cat baffle and 1 muffler with cat baffle.
    Thanks for support.
    Regards
    Fabio
    foto 1.jpg
    foto 2.jpg

bschultz Guest

Looks like you have a "mixed" set, baffles/cores should be the same.

orlfab Guest

Thanks,
    but now I need to ask to my dealer to change or directly to Supertrapp??
    I bought a new set from a big european reseller, and I received the package with the mufflers closed.
    Regards

in EU, contact the dealer you purchased from, they will be able to help you quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by orlfab View Post
    Thanks,
    but now I need to ask to my dealer to change or directly to Supertrapp??
    I bought a new set from a big european reseller, and I received the package with the mufflers closed.
    Regards

orlfab Guest

Thnaks,
    my dealer change me the exhaust, but now I have another question, the right baffle is different from the left (right restrictor baffle cone is from big to small open, the left is to small to big) so please can you attach me the picture of correct left and right assembly baffles.
    Regards

bschultz Guest

Both baffles/cores should be the same. Sounds like you have a mixed set AGAIN. The '09 and earlier units have a rear opening of 2.0" and the '10 and later units have a 2.5" opening at the exit point.

orlfab Guest

now the exit rear opening is the same at the exit point, I refer to internal baffle layout, if I look inside the right muffler I see a conical septum with narrow part in direction of exit, on left I see a conical septum with the wide part in direction of exit.
    So, I don't know this set-up is correct or not.

bschultz Guest

Again...there should be NO difference between the left and right...BOTH baffles/cores should be the same. 2010 and later models are larger at the exit point (end cap) and the earlier models smaller.

orlfab Guest

Ok thanks, now is clear....probably I didn't believe that I have received another mixed set.
    Thanks for support, now I have all information to ask to my dealer to change also the second one.
    Regards.