Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supertrapp for old generation Confederates

Default Supertrapp for old generation Confederates

Which Supertrapp universal system was used on the Confederates (GT and Hellcat). Purchasing a used Confederate and they have a Muzzy system put on, but I perfer the Supertrapp system that was put on before switching to Muzzy. My Confederate is a GT with a 131 inch Merch motor.
    thanks.

bschultz Guest

The 2:1 system we produced for Confederate (P/N 829-10000) was discontinued in '02. Components to the system have been exhausted for several years.
    Last edited by bschultz; 07-01-2014 at 08:22 AM. Reason: add content

Default Confederate

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    The 2:1 system we produced for Confederate (P/N 829-10000) was discontinued in '02. Components to the system have been exhausted for several years.
    Bob,
    I have the header, would you still have the megaphone slipon that would be close? Just want to get rid of that Muzzy slipon.
    Mike

bschultz Guest

The 4" Aluminum Racing Series Universal, P/N 422-2500 + 6 pack of discs, P/N 404-6506.

just to double check, my header is 2 1/4" at the slipon.

bschultz Guest

According to the bill of materials for the system WE made for it...should be a 2.5" AND the Universal recommended should be an exact replacement.
    If you need something with a 2.25" inlet, look at the S/C Series Universal.

Bob,
    Found a complete ST Confederate system from a friend. Need a mounting clamp, looks like a P-Clamp that is around 3" from mid-point of pipe and the mounting point bolt. Did you supply these for the Confederate pipes? If not would you have anything that would be close. Dying to get this Muzzy system off the of bike.
    thanks again.
    Mike

bschultz Guest

We did supply a 2:1 pipe for the to Confederate; however a check of the BOM & hardware kit does NOT indicate we supplied a "P" clamp.

Default Confederate

Bob,

Appreciate it.

The P-Clamp is a guess. Do you know if any type of mounting bracket was supplied by Supertrapp as we usually get with normal OEM systems like my Wide Glide?

Would you have any mounting P-clamp type brackets from other installations that might work with this 2 1/2" header? It's aroudn 3" from mid point on pipe ot mounting stud. I can cut down a clamp if it's longer.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    We did supply a 2:1 pipe for the to Confederate; however a check of the BOM & hardware kit does NOT indicate we supplied a "P" clamp.

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reesmicm View Post
    Bob,

Appreciate it.

The P-Clamp is a guess. Do you know if any type of mounting bracket was supplied by Supertrapp as we usually get with normal OEM systems like my Wide Glide?

Would you have any mounting P-clamp type brackets from other installations that might work with this 2 1/2" header? It's aroudn 3" from mid point on pipe ot mounting stud. I can cut down a clamp if it's longer.

thanks
    As with many of the OEM pipes we supply there was NONE in the BOM (Manufacturer/builder supplied their own). We do have P-clamps and brackets for many applications; however finding one that might work would be a shot in the dark.