Thread: SuperMeg fitment for H-D FLD Switchback

Takuhog Guest

Default SuperMeg fitment for H-D FLD Switchback

First post here so please be gentle...

I will apologize if this question has been asked before but the search function does not appear to be working at this time (syntax?).

I have a 2013 H-D FLD also known as the Switchback. It has floorboards so don't know if the standard FXD fitment will work. Can anyone tell me if they have fitted the SuperMeg complete system on an FLD and if there was anything special necessary.

While I'm at it I would like to also like to ask how many rings should be used to keep the same back pressure (and therefore tuning) as would be used on the Screaming Eagle Nightstick with the stock headers and catalytic converter.

Thank you.

Takuhog

bschultz Guest

Floorboards should NOT be an issue with the 2:1 SuperMeg's on the Dyna.

We've found running 16-18 discs on a stock machine to provide excellent overall performance.

Takuhog Guest

Bschultz,

Thank you for the response. It is good to hear that the floorboards won't be an issue. Vance and Hines provides spacers for their installation and was concerned.

I am running the Stage 1 tuning with the Screaming Eagle air cleaner to go with it just to clarify it is not stock.

Thank you.

Takuhog

bschultz Guest

16-18 discs should still be good.

Takuhog Guest

Bschultz,

Thank you. I guess I can try and see what feels good between 16-18 discs. Would a plug reading be worthwhile or should I just see how it runs?

Takuhog

16-18 will be about perfect, your stock EFI will adjust to run with that set up. Plug Readings are a little tough with todays fuels, everything tends to look a little hot/lean. Go by seat of pants dyno.

Takuhog Guest

Well, this has been great but one thing I forgot was to ask which model would be best for the Switchback?

It has been recommended to me by others to use the part no. 828-71574 which indicates it is for Dynas up through 2011 (mine is 2013) and an FXD designed for models through 2014 is 828-71692.

Probably should have been my first question.

Thank you all for the help.

Takuhog

bschultz Guest

P/N 828-71692 has the model '12-13 year correct o2 bungs,,,12mm
    P/N 828-71574 has the model '06-11 year correct o2 bungs,,,18mm

Takuhog Guest

bschultz,

Thank you.

I wish the manufacturer's website was a little more helpful and clearer, they could have been consistent and said "Dyna" like the previous years previous listing (I was under the impression that the FXD was the basic Super Glide). But then it did direct me here so it all worked out.

Takuhog