Thread: '14.5 H-D Low Rider SE Nightstick Tuning

Hybrid View

modular Guest

Question '14.5 H-D Low Rider SE Nightstick Tuning

I have an S.E. Nightstick slip-on on my '14.5 Low Rider (OEM 2-1) with an open air cleaner and a FuelMoto tuned PCV. The PCV was tuned for an L.A. Choppers adjustable end cap in the full open position. When I installed the end cap I left the original 14 disks in place. My Nightstick has the solid full length core as well. Should I remove 10 disks to compensate for the L.A. Choppers adjustable end cap being fully open? Looking for a bit more sound out of the Nightstick without messing with the tune in the PCV.

Have no experience with that end cap, would only be a guess.
    The bigger issue would be adding a Fi tuner with the OEM CAT equipped headpipe?
    The CAT absorbs a lot of sound.

Quote Originally Posted by modular View Post
    I have an S.E. Nightstick slip-on on my '14.5 Low Rider (OEM 2-1) with an open air cleaner and a FuelMoto tuned PCV. The PCV was tuned for an L.A. Choppers adjustable end cap in the full open position. When I installed the end cap I left the original 14 disks in place. My Nightstick has the solid full length core as well. Should I remove 10 disks to compensate for the L.A. Choppers adjustable end cap being fully open? Looking for a bit more sound out of the Nightstick without messing with the tune in the PCV.

modular Guest

The LA Choppers adj. end cap, when fully open, has about the same open space as your offroad open end cap.

I do still have the cat equipped headpipes. I guess that will be the limiting factor in the final output of rumble which makes sense but I want it to stay in place.

I will be installing the PCV tomorrow once it arrives in the mail. Are you suggesting that I not run a tuner with the cat in place?

The Open End Cap is equal to approx. 10 discs.

If you start adding fuel to the motor, and more unburnt fuel coming out, the CAT will just run hotter, which in turn will cause more problems, external heat on leg/foot, more heat into the muffler body/chrome will discolor, etc. etc.

The LA Choppers adj. end cap, when fully open, has about the same open space as your offroad open end cap.

I do still have the cat equipped headpipes. I guess that will be the limiting factor in the final output of rumble which makes sense but I want it to stay in place.

I will be installing the PCV tomorrow once it arrives in the mail. Are you suggesting that I not run a tuner with the cat in place?

modular Guest

I heard there is an optional performance core for the Nightstick? Perf'd with glass packing, correct? How would this change the tone/performance of the slip-on? What is the part number I need for the Screamin' Eagle version for the 2014 Dyna Low Rider?

I heard there is an optional performance core for the Nightstick? Perf'd with glass packing, correct? How would this change the tone/performance of the slip-on? What is the part number I need for the Screamin' Eagle version for the 2014 Dyna Low Rider?
    For HD #808472-120 (Chrome) or 64900137 (Black) Performance Core Kit/Packing;
    100-7872.

On the stock head pipe it will be quieter, deeper/mellower tone.