Thread: Universal Internal Disc Series Length

naorojee Guest

Default Universal Internal Disc Series Length

Can you provide the overall length of two of your Universal Internal Disc Series mufflers. The first muffler is 1.75 inch (44.5mm), part no. 358-1719 Tapered End Cap, which is listed as 15 inch. The second muffler is 1.75 inch (44.5mm), part no. 358-1721 Slash Cut End Cap 12 inch. The reason I ask is that information I researched elsewhere suggests that the body (without end cap) is 15 inch, which suggests the overall length is higher.

Could you also suggest a starting point for the quantity of discs I should install for a Kawasaki W650 with 2 into 1 exhaust. The W650 is 673 cc capacity and produces about 50 bhp.

Thanks

bschultz Guest

Your observation, if obtained from the "Catalog" is correct...the latest catalog is INOORRECT. The overall length of the Universal Iternal Disc Series muffler bodies are 15" long (including tapered inlet adaptor) as stated in the description on the website;
    *** Their 3.5” body diameter tapers down to a 2.125” opening. All Universal Internal Disc Series main portion of the body are 12” in length. The overall length of the body including the inlet is 15".***
    The "end caps" vary slightly in length;
    The tapered adds another 4"s where the slash cut (on the long side) adds another 6".