Thread: 06 fxst performance

PRADO Guest

Default 06 fxst performance

I got an 06 carburetored fxst and got the kerker 2:1 supermeg. When I bought it, it had 20 disks in it. I have a k&n air filter set up on the bike with the twin 88. Want to install but not sure how many discs to leave in it. Mostly want to install it and not have to worry about rejetting it any time soon. But would like to have some more grunt in the mid rpm range. It also has the open end installed. One more thing I don't have the bracket or the hardware to install it. Is there a part number to the kit I need? Thanks for any help or advise u offer.

Quote Originally Posted by PRADO View Post
    I got an 06 carburetored fxst and got the kerker 2:1 supermeg. When I bought it, it had 20 disks in it. I have a k&n air filter set up on the bike with the twin 88. Want to install but not sure how many discs to leave in it. Mostly want to install it and not have to worry about rejetting it any time soon. But would like to have some more grunt in the mid rpm range. It also has the open end installed. One more thing I don't have the bracket or the hardware to install it. Is there a part number to the kit I need? Thanks for any help or advise u offer.
    The Kerker Systems do NOT have Discs, what you have would be a SuperTrapp SuperMeg.

On your bike/set-up, with the open end cap-3-5 discs. If you go to a closed end cap-13-15.

As for the bracket, let's identify you system first. Every system we make has a part number;
    The muffler will be stamped on the inlet, right where the clamp goes to hold it on. Loosen the clamp, remove the muffler and get that number. Also, very important, the head pipe will be stamped with a number at the collector-right where the muffler slides on-get that number as well.
    The Headpipe will be; 050-XXXX
    The Muffler will be; 027-XXXX
    Get those numbers.

PRADO Guest

The muffler is 027-7492
    Pipe is 050-7091
    So I need the brackets to bolt it up to the bike and all the hardware. Part #'s? Please

bschultz Guest

The part numbers given are part of sytem P/N 828-71454, 2:1 HD FXST/FLST 90-06,DYNA '91-05,CHR.
    P/N 029-7145, mounting bracket
    P/N 010-7145, hardware kit
    P/N 003-7154, instructions

PRADO Guest

Ok so I'm just gonna habe the dealer install the exhuast and they're gonna rejet it also. So for good midrange and some top end how many discs would u recommend and I'm running the open end cap.

bschultz Guest

Your best bet is to set a baseline with stock jetting and the numbers Jeff mentioned earlier. Once you start adding fuel, you will most likely need more exhaust flow by adding discs, which you and your tuner will need to determine through experimentation.