Thread: nightsticks perforated core...then solid core ? and why are the screws off kilter ?

Default nightsticks perforated core...then solid core ? and why are the screws off kilter ?

I have an early set of nightsticks...perforated core- and I could swear at the time I bought them ( 2010), the fatshots had a solid core ...this is why i chose the nightsticks.

I now see fatshots with perf core...nightsticks with solid core ( yes, I bought one and went "WTF" when I went to tune the disk stack)

what happened?

2.) why is it that the topmost screw for the disks is NOT at the top of the muffler- inline with the mount- it is about 4 degrees clockwise...looks like someone was lazy- but all of them seem the be this way.
    Is there a fix ?

mike
    Last edited by mkguitar; 11-25-2013 at 01:54 AM.

bschultz Guest

HD Screaming Eagle "FatShotz" leave the factory with a perforated core, 10 discs and an open end cap. The "NightStick" leaves the factory with a solid full length core (w/NO packing), 10 discs and a closed end cap.
    Holes punched in the bottom of the muffler body and bracket weld position are based off the body weld (bottom) seam. There may be a little "wiggle" room to make the correction by loosening and/or removing the screws holding the core assembly in the muffler body, then rotating the core.