Thread: 2014 CVO Road King - Looking for Supertrapp Solution

Digital Guest

Default 2014 CVO Road King - Looking for Supertrapp Solution

I am looking to install either a Fullsac or Jackpot header on my new CVO RK - then comes the fun part - the exhaust. I dont want ridiculously loud or ridiculously quiet- somewhere in the middle just above how loud the stock setup is. I like the chrome look with closed end caps. I'm thinking megaphones are the solution. Considering that this will be a free flowing 110 CVO, will the megaphones be a good choice and if so, what is a good starting point for the disk count in each side?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I spent hours last night trying to find the answer to this question in previous posts - no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I am looking to install either a Fullsac or Jackpot header on my new CVO RK - then comes the fun part - the exhaust. I dont want ridiculously loud or ridiculously quiet- somewhere in the middle just above how loud the stock setup is. I like the chrome look with closed end caps. I'm thinking megaphones are the solution. Considering that this will be a free flowing 110 CVO, will the megaphones be a good choice and if so, what is a good starting point for the disk count in each side?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I spent hours last night trying to find the answer to this question in previous posts - no dice.
    A better choice would be the FatShots, tunable, same 2" core, great flow, but substantially quieter.

Digital Guest

So if I did go with the megaphones with my setup, would it me really loud? Could you estimate DB level at idle and 2000-3000 rpms? Thank you.

Digital Guest

Thanks. I ended up choosing the Supertrapp Stouts for the late models. They should be here on Tuesday. So far my only mod will be the slip ons and I really cannot wait to check it out!

Digital Guest

I put the Supertrapp Stouts on and like the smooth, non-raspy, deep and powerful sound. Cruising at 70mph I can barely hear them. I'll try to post some videos for you.

Before (with plugs drilled out):

After: