Thread: Application for Part# 027-6140

honk Guest

Default Application for Part# 027-6140

Hello there, I recently came by an exhaust with the Part Number 027-6140 stamped on it.

They look a bit like the Megaphone series but I believe this particular exhaust has been discontinued. Can you tell me for which application this model was originally intended? I believe it was for Kawasaki bikes but I am not 100% sure.
    thanks!

bschultz Guest

Our computer data base does NOT include this muffler body part number for reference (to old?). Do you have any other part numbers from any other components.

honk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    Our computer data base does NOT include this muffler body part number for reference (to old?). Do you have any other part numbers from any other components.

I'll have to check if there's another number somewhere on the exhaust. Maybe on the manifold, though they do look like the original manifolds of a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 and the 'Trapps are just Slip-On Pipes. I'm on a business trip atm. Will check when I am back on Saturday.

bschultz Guest

We did offer (dscontinued in '05) a 2:2 system for the '96-97 VN1500 Vulcan Classic (except touring), system P/N 828-61500. Muffler bodies from this system were 027-6149 (top) & 027-6150 (bottom).