Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Identifying Exhaust Model

bstig60 Guest

Default Identifying Exhaust Model

I have an 88 Yamaha XT600. I think this is a 4 inch Aluminum Series with an open end cap. I can't find a model number stamped on it anywhere. I want to go with the closed end cap to make it a legal spark arrestor. I need to know what part number to order.
    WP_000324.jpgWP_000325.jpg

bschultz Guest

END CAP, 4", 6-BOLT,LETTERED,SS POLISHED 406-3046 $22.70

From the pic the discs look like they could be backwards? Be liberal with the anti-seize on the screws.

bstig60 Guest

Thanks, I will check the disks and will order the part. Can I use any type of anti seize grease on the bolts?

bschultz Guest

Any good quality Hi-temp will work.

bstig60 Guest

I recently ordered the solid end cap for my 4 inch Supertrapp. I found when I went to install it, that I need the 120 degree deflector to keep the exhaust and heat off the rear fender and signal lite. I noticed the end cap and the deflector are offered as a package for a much smaller price that ordering them seperately... Since I already have bought the end cap, can I get the deflector to go with it at the reduced price???

Bill

bschultz Guest

The 4" heat shield is a cosmetic piece (w/SuperTrapp logo) attached to the end of the disc assembly, NOT an "exhaust" shield.

bstig60 Guest

You are telling me there isn't a deflector available?????

bschultz Guest

No; however the 120 or 360 degree exhaust shield is NOT sold as a combo unit with the end cap.

bstig60 Guest

I am looking for a deflector to deflect the exhaust off my rear fender. From the description, it would appear that is what the 120 degree "shield" is for. If not, what is available?

bstig60 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    No; however the 120 or 360 degree exhaust shield is NOT sold as a combo unit with the end cap.
    Then what is this? END CAP + SHIELD, 4", ALUMINUM 402-3046 $28.90