Thread: kerker 2:1 baffle

novasm Guest

Default kerker 2:1 baffle

i have an 06 independence 240st custom.240rear tire and126c.i. s&s motor.it has a kerker 2:1 megaphone exhaust(027-7142 is stamped on megaphone part of exhaust) but there is no baffle inside.will a 100-6357 baffle fit or is there another replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by novasm View Post
    i have an 06 independence 240st custom.240rear tire and126c.i. s&s motor.it has a kerker 2:1 megaphone exhaust(027-7142 is stamped on megaphone part of exhaust) but there is no baffle inside.will a 100-6357 baffle fit or is there another replacement?

No, that will not work in your muffler body.

Give a call to customer service at; 216-265-8400.
    There is an assembly for you.
    Thank you.

novasm Guest

Do you have a part number?thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novasm View Post
    Do you have a part number?thanks
    004-0616 Packing
    037-7145 End Cap
    039-7142 Core
    017-0802 Screw
    018-0801 Washer

ceekey Guest

Hello,

I have the same question than Novasm.

I'm leaving in France, so first exuse me for my bad English. Try to do my best.

So, I put a Kerker 2:1 on my 1998 1340 EVO FLSTS

Excuse me but I didn't find the serial on it.

This is this one : V-Twin Kerker 2:1 SuperMegs 2:1 HD FXST/FLST'90-06,DYNA'91-05,CHR. #128-71454

Great look, great finish, great sound but it's a little bit too loud...only for my Neighbour and Police. In France we have now restrictive law, and we a lot of street dB control .

I saw on accessories that you're selling baffles.

So wich one can I put on my exhaust ?

I thinking about the BAFFLE, MEG 2.5" COMP, 2.5" INLET #100-6357. Where do you put it on ? Is it easy to do ?

Is there a real difference on the performance ? Actually I stay with a CV Carb with a K&N air Filter.

Thanks to help me find a solution and have a nice day.

Cyrille.

bschultz Guest

The muffler body dimensions and core assemblies are the same for your megaphone as Novasm's. Is your muffler empty (no core) or are you just looking for something quieter?

ceekey Guest

Hello,

I think my exhaust is empty (no core ?). Let me show you a pic :

IMG_1020.jpg

I'm looking for something a little bit quiet.

So do you have something for ? In fact, i thought I could put this piece : BAFFLE, MEG 2.5" COMP, 2.5" INLET #100-6357 in the core of exhaust or at the end cap...

So what can I do ?

Your muffler is complete, it has a core in it-that is the perforated tube. If it has not been re-packed in a long time, you could try doing that.

The part number you have will NOT work, it is for a completely different system.

If you do re-pack your muffler and it still is not quiet enough for you, you could purchase a complete SuperTrapp Megaphone Muffler to swap out, it is expensive however. About 300 USD.

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by ceekey View Post
    Hello,

I think my exhaust is empty (no core ?). Let me show you a pic :

IMG_1020.jpg

I'm looking for something a little bit quiet.

So do you have something for ? In fact, i thought I could put this piece : BAFFLE, MEG 2.5" COMP, 2.5" INLET #100-6357 in the core of exhaust or at the end cap...

So what can I do ?