Thread: How many disc for tuning??

Rusty one Guest

Default How many disc for tuning??

Picked up a 09 Streetglide with 96". I was told it had a "Stage 1" kit..? I did some searching under the seat and the bike has a "Power-commander V" It also has a 2/1 Supertrapp exhaust. I checked on how many disc it has & to my surprise it only has 9 with a closed end cap!!
    I'm thinking that's way to few..according to what I've been reading here. Wondering if that has any "bad" effects on performance or heat issues??. How many disc should I start with? I also have a set of CVO SE 255 cams I'd like to install..if I install these cams,how many more (or less) disc's should I have?
    Thank you

In it's current state, try running 15-16 discs with a closed end cap. Then add 2-3 more discs when you go over to the 255 cam to better match the increase in flow from the cam.

Rusty one Guest

Thanks for the reply. Any bad effects of running so few disc?.(9)

bschultz Guest

Less discs = less flow. You may want to check your plugs for contamination from a rich running condition.

Rusty one Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    Less discs = less flow. You may want to check your plugs for contamination from a rich running condition.
    Thanks for the reply...Took the discs apart and found alot of black deposits on them. Plugs seemed OK. Ordered more disc & will try your suggestion. Thankyou