Thread: Supertrapp Slip-ons: XR1200

Default Supertrapp Slip-ons: XR1200

Which slip-ons are recommended for a '09 Harely XR1200 with no other mods except an air filter and fuel programmer upgrade, and how many disks are recommended.

Looking for much better flow without too much added sound.

I'm a fan of Supertrapp and ran a 2-1 Supermegg on a '06 Softail and '06 Street Glide and now have the FatShotz slip-ons on a '12 Road Glide with FuelMoto 2-1-2 headers.

Looking for slip-ons for the XR1200 rather than the full 2-2 pipes.

Thanks,

Mark

bschultz Guest

The 2:2 Race inspired system, P/N 815-71210, is the only option developed for the '08-11 XR1200.
    If you possess fabricating skills and/or sources our Universal mufflers are an option.
    The Megaphone or S/C Series should work well on the V-Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    The 2:2 Race inspired system, P/N 815-71210, is the only option developed for the '08-11 XR1200.
    If you possess fabricating skills and/or sources our Universal mufflers are an option.
    The Megaphone or S/C Series should work well on the V-Twin.
    Thanks Bruce.

Several guys on the XR forum as using the universal slip-ons and have been able to fabricate a nice mount.

Don't know if they are using the Megaphone or S/C series. I guess it's just a matter or determining what inlet size I need.

I'll check out these 2 series.

Mark

Just an update...looks like the guys on the XR forum are running the universal aluminum Racing Series slip-ons.

Your XR will require a tune or a bolt on tuner after doing either (full system or slip-ons).

The stock engine is already dangerously lean to meet emissions, and reducing the backpressure further will throw the delicate balance point over the edge.