Thread: HD Fatshotz

Cool HD Fatshotz

I installed the HD Fatshotz on my 2011 Electra Glide Classic a few weeks ago and I would like to change the sound to a deeper/louder sound I see you offer a kit p/n 404-7847. Can you tell me how many discs i should start with to improve the sound? also is it necessary to remove the mufflers to make the change?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Personal preference, start with 12 and go from there, you will get more sound out of it when you change from the stock CAT equipped head pipe.
    Have fun.

zooki1 Guest

i have the fatshotz 2-2 on 2010 ultra, stage 1 , SE air filter-----im looking to beable to adjust the sound of these, When i bought this bike it was the dealer/owners bike and the fatshotz were on it and i know nothing about them. Can anybody lead me in the right direction on what to do and how to do it? Any and all help/ideas are appreciated

For the H-D FatShotz we offer:

Tune Kit (p/n 404-7847): This includes extra discs, screws, special wrench to remove the tamper resistant screw, anti-seize grease and closed end caps.

Re-Pack Kit (p/n 400-7847): This contains 2 pillow packs to rebuild two mufflers.

Both of these are available via online ordering by clicking on this link:
    http://www.supertrapp.com/product_se...t.asp?CatID=86

Hope that helps!

zooki1 Guest

[QUOTE=ginap;11949]For the H-D FatShotz we offer:

Tune Kit (p/n 404-7847): This includes extra discs, screws, special wrench to remove the tamper resistant screw, anti-seize grease and closed end caps.

Re-Pack Kit (p/n 400-7847): This contains 2 pillow packs to rebuild two mufflers.

Both of these are available via online ordering by clicking on this link:
    http://www.supertrapp.com/product_se...t.asp?CatID=86

My question is do i need both---my pipes only have 2000 miles on them and i just want a deeper and louder sound. They seem quite to me----and do i add or subtract disc or what to get more sound--thank you

bschultz Guest

More discs, more flow, more sound
    Less discs, less flow, less sound
    However the volume of sound is limited with a catalyst equipped headpipe. To find the potential sound level of the exhaust, remove the whole disc assembly and take the bike down the street...that's as loud as it gets with the stock haedpipe.

dcoens Guest

I got a set of (SS Fatshotz) 80847-10 exhaust for my 2002 Ultra Classic. I have a 88 CI with a K&N high flow Air Cleaner (RK-3909-1) and the Khrome Werks 2-2 exhaust headers which have the crossover built it. I want the most Torque/Power between 2800 - 3200 RPM (Cruising speed) Are these exhaust pipes already tuned for this setup or should I get the 404-7847 Tune Kit. I'm not looking for any particular sound, just efficiency. If the kit is recommended, how many disks per side would be recommended for this setup?

bschultz Guest

The SE FatShotz leave the factory with 10 discs and an "open end" cap installed per HD spec's. These units were developed to enhance the performance and sound levels of the larger displacement motors with catalyst equipped headpipes.
    Dropping the number of discs down to "0-2" discs w/the "open" end-cap should provide the low end torque you're looking for. If you find the sound level more than you like then I would think about the closed end-cap and/or the tune kit. 8-10 discs with the "closed end " cap should provide the same exhaust flow, however less sound.

dcoens Guest

Thanks. Appreciate the quick response and a solid answer. I really like the looks of the closed endcaps so that's what I will do.