Thread: How to remove the core (95 CB1000F)

Smile How to remove the core (95 CB1000F)

Hello.

I've been happily running one of your stainless steel slip-ons (Part No. 826-31004) on my 1995 Honda CB1000F for quite a while (also had a pair on my 87 CBR1000F Hurricane, what a exhaust note & perf) , but i would like to experiment with removing the entire core or the fiberglass pack removed, if either possible? Could you please let me know if this is possible and give me some pointers as to how to pull this job off?

I am assuming (or rather hoping) either of these are possible since they are listed among the items in the 'accessories and replacement parts' list in the documentation that came with the can.

Sincere Thanks.
    Ride red w/ a Supertrapp on

bschultz Guest

Remove the muffler from the bike. Remove any button head screws from the outside of the body (towards the back). Work at knocking the core out the rear of the muffler by inserting a dowel (piece of broom handle) in the inlet. Add some P. B. Blaster, maybe some heat, a little persuasion and a lot of patience the core should come out.

Default Re: How to remove the core (95 CB1000F)

Thank you sir. Much obligded. .will give it a try and hopefully post back here with hopefully a successful feet. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    Remove the muffler from the bike. Remove any button head screws from the outside of the body (towards the back). Work at knocking the core out the rear of the muffler by inserting a dowel (piece of broom handle) in the inlet. Add some P. B. Blaster, maybe some heat, a little persuasion and a lot of patience the core should come out.
    Btw, when this is done, i should still be able to add or subtract discs, right?

Many thanks.

bschultz Guest

That's correct.

Default Re: How to remove the core (95 CB1000F)

Fantastic Thank you.