Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDS2 for KLX650R?

KLX Dude Guest

Default IDS2 for KLX650R?

I am in search of a performace exhaust and mid-pipe for my 1996 Kawasaki KLX650R and laid my eyes on the IDS2. But unfortunately I cannot find any info on whether this exhaust is going to fit my bike. Is there a particular IDS2 model that will fit? Or is there a different model Supertrapp offers that would fit?

Thanks in advace!

KLX Dude Guest

Oops, I just found the following model (#613-6651) for the C-version. I assume it will fit the R-version as well?
    Does Supertrapp offer a mid-pipe for it?

bschultz Guest

You want P/N 611-6600 (quiet core) or 613-6600 (race core). The P/N you reference is specific to the "C" model.

KLX Dude Guest

Sounds good, thank you.

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KLX Dude View Post
    Sounds good, thank you.
    I stand corrected, my error, the part numbers 611/613-6651 is correct for the "C" model, We are not sure if it will fit on the "R" model. The part numbers I gave you were for the KLR models and will NOT work on the KLX. SORRY.
    Last edited by bschultz; 09-21-2007 at 10:03 AM.

KLX Dude Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    I stand corrected, my error, the part numbers 611/613-6651 is correct for the "C" model, We are not sure if it will fit on the "R" model. The part numbers I gave you were for the KLR models and will NOT work on the KLX. SORRY.
    Ok, that really sucks. I have purchased the the 6600 model after your posting and expect it in the mail any day now...

KLX Dude Guest

Just to clarify regarding the 6600 model and my KLX650R: is it the whole system (exhaust and mid-pipe) that won't work with my bike or it it just the mid-pipe I would need to replace? I know that other exhausts that fit the C-model also fit the R-model. Could I eventually obtain the mid-pipe for the 611-6651 from you?

bschultz Guest

The s-bend AND mounting point on the muffler body are different. If there is an issue with returning the pipe to your retailer, show them this thread and have them call us direct if need be. Sorry.

KLX Dude Guest

Thanks for the info but that will be tricky since I have purchased it from a dealer in the US through Ebay. I guess my only option now is trying to "get rid" of it here in Canada.
    How much do you sell the 611-6651 (quiet core for KLC650C) model for? I don't see it listed.

bschultz Guest

Thats because it was discontinued in '03.