Thread: What size slip-on inlet diameter...?

joannajetson Guest

Default What size slip-on inlet diameter...?

I'd like to try a pair of universal slip-ons on my 2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. I like the look of the S/C Supermegs, but the smallest inlet diameter they have is 2", and my header pipes are only 1-1/2". Would I be better off getting the straight cut megaphones or the S/C Elites with the 1.75" inlet diameter? I'd still have to use a reducer sleeve, but it wouldn't be as big a jump. Thanks for the advice.

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by joannajetson View Post
    I'd like to try a pair of universal slip-ons on my 2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. I like the look of the S/C Supermegs, but the smallest inlet diameter they have is 2", and my header pipes are only 1-1/2". Would I be better off getting the straight cut megaphones or the S/C Elites with the 1.75" inlet diameter? I'd still have to use a reducer sleeve, but it wouldn't be as big a jump. Thanks for the advice.
    All of the units mentioned have a 2" ID core, so flow characteristics will be similar. The manner of mounting and the overall look should be considered. The SuperMeg S/C Elite comes with a top mounted slide bracket. The Megaphone Series comes with a 2 piece tri-bracket to bend and weld where needed for a custom fit. The S/C Elite comes with a center-pull body clamp for mounting.