Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supertrapp motorcycle slip on dimensions

Absolutely amazing! 128K on the clock, testament to the bike and your maintenance! Good job.

Power wheelies-no problem!

Default End of 2018

Reposting: 2018 Year End

Reposting

Quote Originally Posted by darthJ View Post
    Sweet to see these milestones under Supertrapp.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwells View Post
    Power wheelies-no problem!
    Just threw together some powerwheelies on the sE1, four in total, but with two you get the idea.

Refresher: This is the California EVAP emissions model of the ZX-9R, the one reported by magazine reviewers to be 1 HP down on all other like ZX-9Rs. Except this one has 129,000 miles on it and averages over 62 MPG imp./52 MPG U.S. on the highway.

With gear, I tip the scales at something like 215 lbs. Bike had half a tank of fuel, if any of that makes a difference.

I asked her four times to powerwheelie. Each had enough authority I'm fairly convinced holding the throttle open would have flipped her on her back and me onto the road, thus my abrupt throttle chops. Roll-on power wheelies aren't my forte.

Last edited by kz550; 09-06-2019 at 10:48 AM. Reason: repost append.

Default More to come this year too.

She's over 134,000 miles at this point. I can sometimes see how my harsh riding is taking a told on her, but to give you a glimpse of what we've been up to:

Post ride bug splattered

Riding and riding and riding.

Glacier National Park vacation on my SuperTrapp powered ZX-9R

Traveling across four states, riding for a week; 2,400 miles
    Last edited by kz550; 09-06-2019 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Add separate post

Default This may be some sort of sportbike record

I'm fairly confident of that. Only way to tell is if someone can find or someone comes forth with something to the contrary. I've been a ZX-9R owner for 11 years and I've never seen or heard of another ZX-9R or other sportbike, for that matter, that even approaches the capabilities of my two SuperTrapped bikes.

Conventional wisdom: A ZX-9R (899cc) Ninja sportbike normally needs refueling anywhere from 120 - 160 miles, putting it's theoretical tank range at around 200 miles. Wikipedia says at averaging 41 MPG, that would make it 205.

My claim: The ZX-9R EVAP model produced to meet California's tougher emissions regulations, can do 240 per tank.

My trick: My California EVAP model ZX-9Rs use SuperTrapp exhausts, thus, not stock and dissimilar to many other exhausts.

The course, listed, labeled, dated, receipt verified and video recorded from two angles to show the actual experience and no refuelling

If you own a Smart TV, this can be played back using the native YouTube App. Simply click on the pictured playlist link. A home theater sound system makes for an enjoyable experience as well; approximately 35 minutes

Here is the full four YouTube video playlist for short: Sportbike 240 miles per tank challenge
    Last edited by kz550; 09-06-2019 at 10:18 PM. Reason: sentence structure

Sounds nothing short of an epic ride!
    Mileage like that is great on the wallet too!

Quote Originally Posted by kz550 View Post
    I'm fairly confident of that. Only way to tell is if someone can find or someone comes forth with something to the contrary. I've been a ZX-9R owner for 11 years and I've never seen or heard of another ZX-9R or other sportbike, for that matter, that even approaches the capabilities of my two SuperTrapped bikes.

Conventional wisdom: A ZX-9R (899cc) Ninja sportbike normally needs refueling anywhere from 120 - 160 miles, putting it's theoretical tank range at around 200 miles. Wikipedia says at averaging 41 MPG, that would make it 205.

My claim: The ZX-9R EVAP model produced to meet California's tougher emissions regulations, can do 240 per tank.

My trick: My California EVAP model ZX-9Rs use SuperTrapp exhausts, thus, not stock and dissimilar to many other exhausts.

The course, listed, labeled, dated, receipt verified and video recorded from two angles to show the actual experience and no refuelling

If you own a Smart TV, this can be played back using the native YouTube App. Simply click on the pictured playlist link. A home theater sound system makes for an enjoyable experience as well; approximately 35 minutes

Here is the full four YouTube video playlist for short: Sportbike 240 miles per tank challenge