Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supertrapp motorcycle slip on dimensions

Default And now Ride of the Month, reigning September 2012 winner

That makes twice, once for each of my SuperTrapp equipped ZX-9Rs. Woot!

Introducing the September 2012 ZX Forums Ride of the Month.

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-forums-news/65270-september-ride-month-winner.html

And here is how she looked at the end of the 2013 riding season, now with 73,000 miles on the clock. See and hear how she performs in the videos section <here>.

GSXR-600 750 1000 R6 R1 CBR-600 1000 ZX6 ZX7 ZX9 ZX-9R ZX9R ZX10 ZX-10R ZX11 ZX12 ZX14 MPG, miles per gallon horsepower torque dyno top speed best exhaust
    Last edited by kz550; 08-17-2017 at 12:49 AM.

And how she looks in 2014 when ridden in anger, as they say.

75,000 miles strong and still going!

Best superbike ever zx-9r best sportbike for the street zx9r endurance champion ZX9 long ride comfort range Ninja sport bike ZZR-600 ZZR-1100 ZZR-1200 blackbird R6 R1 CBR-600 1000 ZX6 ZX7 ZX9 ZX-9R ZX9R ZX10 ZX-10R ZX11 ZX12 ZX14 MPG, Kawasaki Yamaha Honda Suzuki Ducati KTM BMW miles per gallon horsepower torque dyno top speed best exhaust ridden in anger best sportbike ever best streetbike top 10 sportbikes superbikes of all time ZX9R got owned by a ninja zx-9r unbelievable tank range 250 miles miles per gallon California model ZX-9R so fast? 100,000 mile sportbike 900cc best MPG for a large bike VFR-800
    Last edited by kz550; 08-17-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Don't you think for one second that the SuperTrapp provisioned ZX-9R has faded away. Quite the contrary. She's just eclipsed 86,000 miles, on her way to 100,000 miles. It might even happen this season, but will more than likely occur at the beginning of 2016.

Yes, that's the original seven year old SuperTrapp aluminum racing series 2.5" ID x 4" outlet x 13" muffler I put on her in 2008. We've seen a lot of things together and I wouldn't trade my SuperTrapp exhaust for any other exhaust on the market. Not a chance!!!

2015 SuperTrapp provisioned ZX-9R Ninja (2000 model year E1)

2015: right after she ran off another 55.5 miles per gallon 222.1 mile run.

2015 from the other angle. I'm quite proud of her. She likes to tangle with all the sport bikes and because of her sustained speed and range capabilities, she always comes out on top. We'll just have to keep her absolute range classified. It's been documented, but I think it's best to keep that aspect a guarded secret. I like to surprise her adversaries and that's always best done when they're expecting the typical modified ZX-9R. Once they've been drawn in, the fun begins.

Default Dominating Performance - SuperTrapp Exhaust

I've had my SuperTrapp on this Kawasaki Ninja sportbike for seven years. We've covered 85,000 miles of the 91,500 on the odometer and have ridden with what would have to be about every other type of motorcycle on the market, from sportbikes, to exotics, to touring, to hyperbikes, to supersports. There are some really impressive 2015 superbikes that she's ridden with too. They're quick. They're agile. They're equipped with traction control, EFI, the best suspension money can buy and the latest designer exhaust systems. Though, none of them with SuperTrapp exhausts. That's important to note. They are a credit to their racing heritage and they are impressive when ridden to their potential.

She's been able to experience a wide variety of them and you want to known the one constant on street rides? Inevitably those other bikes either wither due to limitations in power efficiency or their riders do and she resumes her roll up front or they were never able to catch her in the first place, only seeing her up close again after we decide to stop for lunch or something.

With a range averaging over 240 miles on every stint, this is the SuperTrapp sporting bike that all other street bikes are measured against. It's just plain old fashioned two-wheeled fun. Granted, it's sandbagging of your opponents, but not really. They made their choice and I made mine. If they don't like seeing my bike leading theirs, that's a reflection on their choices...and it's a reflection on finding what works; SuperTrapp tunable exhaust flow technology.

If I had to sum up SuperTrapp exhaust systems in one word, it would be DOMINANT. Because that's the immediate result of tuning your exhaust to match your engine's airflow capabilities, then letting the results speak for themselves.

As I tell other riders, challenges are always welcomed. If fact, they're encouraged!

Make: Kawasaki
    Model: 2000 ZX-9R E1
    Fuel capacity: 19 liters
    Range: 250+ miles
    Exhaust: 13" SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series 4" OD with 9 diffusers

Last edited by kz550; 08-28-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Default What could be better than owning a one of a kind motorcycle? 2016 update

I'm sure SuperTrapp would like nothing better than to have half the motorcycle fleet out there sporting their tuneable mufflers. But I have to tell you that I like having such a unique looking sportbike. One that garners attention after the ride for its dominating performance; speed to distance.

Best part is, most people don't give me or the ZX-9R any notice when they run across me out on the road or at the show-n-shine. Why would they, right! It's not a fuel injected liter or hyper-bike. It's old and carburetted. Perfect for sandbagging. Locals have learned though, as shocked as some of their reactions are. Most unknowing touring bikes will find they've met their match on range, from a sportbike! Other purpose built sport bikes will have difficulty running from it, even if they do so in the short term, which any more is in short supply. As the miles pile on, they'll find it impossible to keep up with it. UJMs, adventure, and exotic European bikes don't stand a chance when the roads become long and twisty. She not only runs away from them, but according to more riders than it could be just coincidence, they say it's a pleasure watching me ride away from them. Not all come back for more, but the ones that do say it is because they like watching it unfold. Sometimes that's a couple of corners and sometimes it takes hours, but the story is always the same: the green bike out front.

I'm very proud of how this bike puts on its dominating performances. I did my research. The ZX-9R was what matched what I wanted to do on two wheels and SuperTrapp was the most impressive muffler I could have possibly chosen, some 100,000 miles ago. I could own a lot of other bikes, new or used. But nothing fits my personality better than the SuperTrapp equipped ZX-9R sE1, a bike equally at home riding across town, across the state or into the mountains to tilt some horizons.

No other two-wheeled machine can match it and the performance the muffler gives to my 9Rs has a lot to do with that.

One of my next goals for 2017 will be to clock off an Ironbutt 1,000 miles in a day ride. It won't be easy, but I want to knock a time out in dramatic fashion. Stay tuned.

ZX1000 ZX-10R ZX11 ZX12 ZX14 MPG, Kawasaki Yamaha Honda Suzuki Ducati KTM BMW miles per gallon horsepower torque dyno top speed best exhaust ridden in anger best sportbike ever best streetbike top 10 sportbikes superbikes of all time ZX9R got owned by a ninja zx-9r unbelievable tank range 250 miles miles per gallon California model ZX-9R so fast? 100,000 mile sportbike 900cc best MPG for a large bike VFR-800
    Last edited by kz550; 08-17-2017 at 12:24 AM. Reason: tags

This is such an amazing story to follow, unbelievable number of miles and way more smiles, very cool!
    Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by kz550 View Post
    I'm sure SuperTrapp would like nothing better than to have half the motorcycle fleet out there sporting their tuneable mufflers. But I have to tell you that I like having such a unique looking sportbike. One that garners attention after the ride for its dominating performance; speed to distance.

Best part is, most people don't give me or the ZX-9R any notice when they run across me out on the road or at the show-n-shine. Why would they, right! It's not a fuel injected liter or hyper-bike. It's old and carburetted. Perfect for sandbagging. Locals have learned though, as shocked as some of their reactions are. Most unknowing touring bikes will find they've met their match on range, from a sportbike! Other purpose built sport bikes will have difficulty running from it, even if they do so in the short term, which any more is in short supply. As the miles pile on, they'll find it impossible to keep up with it. UJMs, adventure, and exotic European bikes don't stand a chance when the roads become long and twisty. She not only runs away from them, but according to more riders than it could be just coincidence, they say it's a pleasure watching me ride away from them. Not all come back for more, but the ones that do say it is because they like watching it unfold. Sometimes that's a couple of corners and sometimes it takes hours, but the story is always the same: the green bike out front.

I'm very proud of how this bike puts on its dominating performances. I did my research. The ZX-9R was what matched what I wanted to do on two wheels and SuperTrapp was the most impressive muffler I could have possibly chosen, some 100,000 miles ago. I could own a lot of other bikes, new or used. But nothing fits my personality better than the SuperTrapp equipped ZX-9R sE1, a bike equally at home riding across town, across the state or into the mountains to tilt some horizons.

No other two-wheeled machine can match it and the performance the muffler gives to my 9Rs has a lot to do with that.

One of my next goals for 2017 will be to clock off an Ironbutt 1,000 miles in a day ride. It won't be easy, but I want to knock a time out in dramatic fashion. Stay tuned.

ZX1000 ZX-10R ZX11 ZX12 ZX14 MPG, Kawasaki Yamaha Honda Suzuki Ducati KTM BMW miles per gallon horsepower torque dyno top speed best exhaust ridden in anger best sportbike ever best streetbike top 10 sportbikes superbikes of all time ZX9R got owned by a ninja zx-9r unbelievable tank range 250 miles miles per gallon California model ZX-9R so fast? 100,000 mile sportbike 900cc best MPG for a large bike VFR-800

Thank you!

Sweet to see these milestones under Supertrapp.

Default Fall 2017 update

2017 has been a continuation of 2016's superlative riding season. My SuperTrapp is such a great exhaust! It never needs maintenance, other than cleaning and the occasional sanding to restore its beautiful metallic luster. Just get on and ride, the SuperTrapp keeps everything in check so that all you have to do is enjoy the power and crisp throttle response. But that's just the first part of this story. This bike, with its SuperTrapp, is also a lethal long distance scalpel. See the GPS? That's to pick a destination on the curvature of the Earth, route through the twistiest canyons in between and challenge others to beat her to it. See me filling that other bike's fuel tank? She's also a supertanker or so they refer to her in disbelief. No sport bike should be this potent. And when she's out on the hunt, that's exactly what she is.

Still more miles to put on this year, more horizons to cross over and unsuspecting riders who are yet to have their worldviews turned upside down by my SuperTrapp complimented sport bike. Or is it a touring bike that's sporty? Who knows! They just know that if not from the outset, by the the end of the day, she's like dairy cream, she always rises to the top to lead and dominate them all.

Last edited by kz550; 09-14-2017 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kz550 View Post
    2017 has been a continuation of 2016's superlative riding season. My SuperTrapp is such a great exhaust! It never needs maintenance, other than cleaning and the occasional sanding to restore its beautiful metallic luster. Just get on and ride, the SuperTrapp keeps everything in check so that all you have to do is enjoy the power and crisp throttle response. But that's just the first part of this story. This bike, with its SuperTrapp, is also a lethal long distance scalpel. See the GPS? That's to pick a destination on the curvature of the Earth, route through the twistiest canyons in between and challenge others to beat her to it. See me filling that other bike's fuel tank? She's also a supertanker or so they refer to her in disbelief. No sport bike should be this potent. And when she's out on the hunt, that's exactly what she is.

Still more miles to put on this year, more horizons to cross over and unsuspecting riders who are yet to have their worldviews turned upside down by my SuperTrapp complimented sport bike. Or is it a touring bike that's sporty? Who knows! They just know that if not from the outset, by the the end of the day, she's like dairy cream, she always rises to the top to lead and dominate them all.

AWESOME!!!
    Thanks for the update, bike looks amazing for that many miles-keep it up!